• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FBI

Her server was not gross negligence. She had the ability to wipe information off of it when the shit hit the fan which she never would have had the ability to do if she followed protocol. She was protecting her ass all along,  being able to sidestep the freedom of information act and state level record keeping. 

The only emails that were handed over were ones she hand picked to deliver and the FBI knows they cannot retrieve the deleted information so they are stymied. 

This was a well thought out plan. You could almost respect it if it weren't entirely for self interest rather than public service in the highest security position in the US. 

19 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

you think that theory is completely impossible?  Really?

Yes...because Presidents have been impeached for that kind of stuff. I think the stupidest thing in the world would be for Obama to have gotten anywhere near that investigation and Obama is not a stupid man. Statement after statement they have said that Obama does not talk to Justice Department and FBI about ongoing investigations.

2 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

It's a shame you didn't read the article I posted earlier in this thread which describes someone else being prosecuted for doing the exact same thing Hilary did.

I did...and it wasn't the same thing.

59 minutes ago, Adam said:

What does she have to do to get shitcanned from public office, bang an intern in the oval office?

i don't think there's anything too bad in the eyes of her supporters. they seemed convinced that it's all a massive witch hunt about a bunch of fringe things that aren't really all that bad.

and yes, i appreciated the not-so-subtle humor of your post.

16 minutes ago, red321 said:

Yes...because Presidents have been impeached for that kind of stuff. I think the stupidest thing in the world would be for Obama to have gotten anywhere near that investigation and Obama is not a stupid man. Statement after statement they have said that Obama does not talk to Justice Department and FBI about ongoing investigations.

while he may not talk directly to them, making public comments about ongoing investigations serves the same purpose 

Want to know why we get such fine choices as Trump or H. Clinton? Because they are who we as a country deserve. This year should have made it clear. Republicans should be beyond embarrassed about their presumptive nominee.  Democrats shouldn't be parsing the difference between really really wrong and illegal. Each side should have an overwhelming majority screaming in protest towards their own party. Making it clear that this farce is not tolerable. On this board and elsewhere the same familiar voices saying the same predictable viewpoints, if somewhat muted now in enthusiasm. Instead of looking inward blaming the other side for the predicament we find ourselves in.  Eight years after hope and change were screamed and painted on the streets we're back to where we've always been the entire time.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

What she did is definitely illegal. Gross negligence is illegal.

Not sure what she told the FBI in her interviews but if it's the same lies she told the public then that's illegal.

He called it "extreme carelessness". Maybe's there's a difference. In legal terms, I mean. Everything is parsed these days.

But you're right, "gross negligence" is illegal and she can be charged for that.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

I believe a president can tell his FBI director whether or not to recommend charges. That's in his purview, as the president is the head of the executive branch, of which the FBI is a part. He's ultimately James Comey's boss, and Comey serves at his pleasure. I also think he can tell the Attorney General not to bring an indictment.

I could be wrong on this, so correct me if I am.

Just curious -- why isn't everyone also demanding that Collin Powell and Condolezza be thrown in jail as well since the investigation found that they did the same thing and were also careless with classified information?

1 minute ago, nate said:

Just curious -- why isn't everyone also demanding that Collin Powell and Condolezza be thrown in jail as well since the investigation found that they did the same thing and were also careless with classified information?

I think the issue was not as much the e-mail as it was the use of a private server. Also lying about it didn't help her cause much.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

I didn't know they were about to become president of the U.S.

17 minutes ago, nate said:

Ah, see...I can see why you're confused, let me see if I can help you out.

It's pretty simple when broken down.

Hillary Clinton vs. .NOT. Hillary Clinton

If it helps you can also look at it this way

.NOT Hillary Clinton vs. .NOT. NOT. Hillary Clinton

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Were those folks investigated? Did anyone know about it when they served?

Yes they were investigated, don't know about the second question but the FBI found that they were reckless and careless with classified information.  They also found that Hillary got the idea to use it from her predecessors.