• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Huston Street to the DL - Cam Bedrosian recalled

Huston Street has been diagnosed with an oblique strain and is headed for the disabled list according to Mike DiGiovanna.

Joe Smith is expected to fill in at closer for the Angels while Huston Street recovers from an oblique strain according to Jeff Fletcher.

Edited by Robrock30

This sucks...BUT. I feel like we have a lot of BP pieces in the minors. Could be an opportunity for one to come up and shine and maybe start to push out Salas. Not sure who is putting up the best numbers right now tho.

edit: maybe mahle, cotts, luetege, al al, or achter? Not a TON of upside for any of them, but worth a shot. Move Smith to temporary closer position, and shore up the BP with one of these guys.

Edited by krAbs

You guys OCD about Salas is pretty lame. He currently has the lowest ERA in the bullpen (logging the most innings) outside of Mahle that doesn't see more than one batter an outing. He hasn't given up a run in the last 4 outings. He has only given up 2 runs in the last 10 and they weren't inherited runners. His first outing he gave up 2 earned runs and you guys mouths have been running without much of anything to support your statements. Relievers aren't perfect but they take over for starters who are not either. The laws of average catch up to them all, more so if they have so few innings to recoup from one run scored against them. 

Salas is not a problem. You guys need to find a full pinata to swing at, this one isn't offering any candy.

I'm leaning towards Guerra just to see if he's able to return to form. Also fine with giving Bedrosian another shot, he's pitched well in SLC and calling him up offers the most roster flexibility (as opposed to Alburquerque, Cotts, Guerra, etc)

Well there are two things to keep in mind with Javy; he's not on the 40-man roster so they'd have to make a move, and he'd be out of options. But I would have no problem DFA'ing someone like Navarro or Achter in hopes of them passing through waivers and giving Guerra a shot. Plus, if Guerra sucks, then it doesn't really matter if he doesn't have options remaining, and even if he's good, then he'll have no worries about being sent down. I'd rather see what he's capable of as opposed to letting BedRock or Al shit the bed. 

That's why I mentioned Bedrosian as an option, as bringing him up wouldn't necessitate any roster moves - and he has been pitching well. 

Alburquerque, I believe once he's up for 25 days or something, something goes into effect regarding his status as well. Either he's no longer optionable, or clears into another service year, can't remember what exactly, read about it a few weeks back.

They could also potentially move Heaney (Or CJ?) to the 60-day to clear a spot. I'd try and DFA Reynolds or Jones before Navarro or Achter.