• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 Major League Baseball Thread

NrM

Cubs rip Reds 9-2 for best start since 1985 (7-1)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cubs-rip-reds-9-2-best-start-since-042902942--spt.html?nhp=1

Chicago leads the majors with 48 walks and has outscored its opponents 56-20 during its impressive start.

"Big at-bats all night long," manager Joe Maddon said. "We were not chasing out of the zone up and down the lineup."

Phillies starter Vince Velasquez with 9 K's through 6 scoreless. Had 9 K's in 6 scoreless his last outing. He was part of the deal that landed the Astros Ken Giles....who isn't even their closer, and who hasn't even been good

Astros have the best offensive talent in the division but they really hurt their pitching depth with their last few trades. Velasquez, Oberholtzer, Appel all gone

Phillies starter Vince Velasquez with 9 K's through 6 scoreless. Had 9 K's in 6 scoreless his last outing. He was part of the deal that landed the Astros Ken Giles....who isn't even their closer, and who hasn't even been good

Astros have the best offensive talent in the division but they really hurt their pitching depth with their last few trades. Velasquez, Oberholtzer, Appel all gone

Yep! 

And Fister, Fiers and Feldman have been awful. 

This is one of the reasons I struggle to buy in to a team after one year (one month) of success. The Astros were under .500 the last five months of the season last year yet everyone wants to crown them division champs based on potential. I personally am not sold on anything except their potential. Results win divisions, not potential.

Damn..

Velasquez pitched a complete game shutout, striking out 16 Padres. 

Boy, San Diego sucks! If I were them I'd start making deals like the Phillies did and load up the farm. 

I'm sure they'll be able to get a good return for the likes of Kemp, Ross and Shields. 

Nola/Eickhoff/Velasquez a pretty nice young trio that Philly has over there. Even have Appel and Jake Thompson in the farm. Got Eickhoff and Thompson from the Rangers in the Hamels deal

They also have J.P. Crawford ready to come up. A great young shortstop, from Lakewood H.S.

And yet, the Padres have a higher team BA than the Angels and have scored more runs than the Angels. 

Still, I believe the Padres were just shut out for the fifth time in ten games this season. They scored one run in one game, two in another and three in another. They also scored 29 runs in two games against the Rockies.

Nola/Eickhoff/Velasquez a pretty nice young trio that Philly has over there. Even have Appel and Jake Thompson in the farm. Got Eickhoff and Thompson from the Rangers in the Hamels deal

Yep and JP Crawford, Andrew Knapp, Alfaro and Quinn.

I really like Eickhoff and Nola, but damn Velasquez has looked incredible early on. 

I heard something about the Phillies pitching coach being one of the best in the league. So far look what he's down with Hellickson and these young arms. 

And yet, the Padres have a higher team BA than the Angels and have scored more runs than the Angels. 

Still, I believe the Padres were just shut out for the fifth time in ten games this season. They scored one run in one game, two in another and three in another. They also scored 29 runs in two games against the Rockies.

They've played some games in Coors Field and Philadelphia. 

The Angels BA/OBP and runs scored will surpass them by a lot soon. Padres lineup is just awful outside of Kemp and Myers. 

Damn..

Velasquez pitched a complete game shutout, striking out 16 Padres. 

Boy, San Diego sucks! If I were them I'd start making deals like the Phillies did and load up the farm. 

I'm sure they'll be able to get a good return for the likes of Kemp, Ross and Shields. 

Wonder what the Astros think of Velasquez' performance so far?  

The Stros rotation leaves a little something to be desired at least until they get McCullers back.  Otherwise, most of their rotation isn't super young.  Fister is looking for a bounce back at age 32.  McCugh is solid.  Feldman would worry me as would Fiers.  But they traded away a ton of their depth and they don't really have high end starters as depth in the minors that could contribute this year or maybe even next.  Keuchel is a stud, but i think he'll be hard pressed to repeat last year.  The offense is very good and young though.  

Wonder what the Astros think of Velasquez' performance so far?  

The Stros rotation leaves a little something to be desired at least until they get McCullers back.  Otherwise, most of their rotation isn't super young.  Fister is looking for a bounce back at age 32.  McCugh is solid.  Feldman would worry me as would Fiers.  But they traded away a ton of their depth and they don't really have high end starters as depth in the minors that could contribute this year or maybe even next.  Keuchel is a stud, but i think he'll be hard pressed to repeat last year.  The offense is very good and young though.  

and they traded Josh Hader to the Brewers. Another stud arm like Velasquez. 

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=623352#/career/R/pitching/2016/ALL