• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shoemaker

Again, splitters aren't effective in a dry, desert environment or in elevation. They don't drop. He's needed to rely solely on his curve and fastball, both of which are merely average pitches. Once he gets to sea level, then we can begin to assess whether he needs to be in AAA again. But for now, just take the wait and see approach.

Again, splitters aren't effective in a dry, desert environment or in elevation. They don't drop. He's needed to rely solely on his curve and fastball, both of which are merely average pitches. Once he gets to sea level, then we can begin to assess whether he needs to be in AAA again. But for now, just take the wait and see approach.

Thank God for the marine layer.

I wonder if he'd be a better fit in the pen? Probably not.

just my opinion, but i consider the makeup like this. in the pen, i like K's and groundballs with a low homerun rate. in the rotation, it's ok to give up homeruns as long as you're keeping guys off base.

shoe has to get the homerun thing figured out, or it could cost him his major league career. i know he's capable of it.

His beard alone earns him a spot in the rotation in my opinion...

just my opinion, but i consider the makeup like this. in the pen, i like K's and groundballs with a low homerun rate. in the rotation, it's ok to give up homeruns as long as you're keeping guys off base.

shoe has to get the homerun thing figured out, or it could cost him his major league career. i know he's capable of it.

I like k's and ground balls with a low home rate across the board!

Shoe's beard alone is enough to justify a rotation spot in my opinion

His beard alone earns him a spot in the rotation in my opinion...

I like k's and ground balls with a low home rate across the board!

Shoe's beard alone is enough to justify a rotation spot in my opinion

obviously, a dominant starting pitcher is what everybody wants, but i'm talking about your average mlb pitcher. there are many high k SP in mlb, but they're not dominant for a variety of reasons. one of the shortcomings of high K SP is an inability to go deep into games. i like those guys in the bullpen because their lack of endurance isn't an issue.

obviously, a dominant starting pitcher is what everybody wants, but i'm talking about your average mlb pitcher. there are many high k SP in mlb, but they're not dominant for a variety of reasons. one of the shortcomings of high K SP is an inability to go deep into games. i like those guys in the bullpen because their lack of endurance isn't an issue.

But what about his beard?

With Wilson and Skaggs injured, I think Shoe fits best as the #2 starter behind Weaver...That is Weave pitches for 3 or 4 innings, and than Shoe comes in and pitches for 3 or 4 innings and than turn it over to the pen.

Rotation would be:

Richards

Heaney

Santiago

Weaver/Shoe

Trop

Once Skaggs is healthy, he takes the spot of the weakest link.

His surprise 2014 was good and the beard is cool but we might have to stop pretending that he belongs at the major league level. He's starting to look more like a tweener or maybe just AAA.

Shoemaker has an ability to eat innings not to say he is an innings eater by definition because I would not call him that, with Weaver on the decline his value lies in innings eaten. He has given us 135 innings of work each of the past two years, if we can get Shoemaker to improve from his SOPHOMORE SLUMP YEAR numbers and another 135+ innings I will take it. That is almost 10% of our pitchers work load.  I will take a 4+ ERA if he can eat innings and improve on his 70 runs vs his 49 runs allowed in 2014. BTW - he is projected to have a sub 4 ERA and win 10 games anything close to that I would take. 

• 2 weeks later...