• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shoemaker

He finally pitched well his final 16 starts last season (~3.5 ERA) but can a team that means to contend wait long for him to get it together? Shorter leash this year Shoe. Figure it out.

Contend? This is a thread about Shoe and how bad he's looking but have you seen the offense? It's worse than Shoemaker

Contend? This is a thread about Shoe and how bad he's looking but have you seen the offense? It's worse than Shoemaker

I don't agree with this at all. We know Trout will heat up, they just started in a funk. Shoe on the other hand hasn't been very good for over a year.

They were in contention last season until the final game despite having just as many obvious flaws as this team has, if not more.

Nava/Gentry over Joyce. Nothing flashy but on base skills combined with defense and base running is a lot better than a one dimensional K machine who, if he's not hitting (and he didn't) is an absolute zero.

Pennington over Featherbat. That dude can't hit at all. He hit .100 in spring and is back in the minors.

Simmons over Aybar. Erick wasn't good last year. OPS+ of 81 with declining D.

Those are all obvious upgrades.

Escobar/Freese. I don't call that an upgrade until I see more of Escobar's D. It looks bad so far but will have to be very bad indeed to offset his much better OBP. Freese was not a good defensive player.

Rotation and pen look similar to last season. Not very good. We didn't get much from Weav/Wilson/Shoe last year either though I guess it's possible they could be worse.

So, a contender with obvious flaws made possible only because of multiple wild-cards. If they had higher goals then the pen, at the least, should have been improved.

It's a big year for Shoe and the Angels.

They need to give him opportunity to see what they have with him, and if he wants to be a major league pitcher, he needs to show it in the first 12-15 starts or so. 

If he can land in between his '14-'15 seasons, he becomes an important SP for the next several seasons. Less than that, and we need to move on and start working on letting other options get a shot like Tropeano and Smith.

Anytime I see a team struggle early, it reminds me of the 2008 Tigers (Cabrera's first season).

Despite having a strong lineup, they absolutely struggled to hit for the first two weeks before kicking it into gear.

Again, your ability to recall minute details about any given team, player or season is superhuman.

I don't agree with this at all. We know Trout will heat up, they just started in a funk. Shoe on the other hand hasn't been very good for over a year.

I'm not worried about Trout either. The rest of them I'm not so sure of. Then you add in the need for depth when injuries do occur. Edited by Angels N Skins

• 3 weeks later...