• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A-Rod retiring after 2017 season

It means his only redeeming quality were his stats. He wasn't a good team mate, and he cheated. I'm shocked you need this explained. He wasn't a likable guy. He wasn't great with the fans or the media. He threw his team mate under the bus when he got caught. I love his stats, but he's kind of a fraud and that's putting it nicely.

It means his only redeeming quality were his stats. He wasn't a good team mate, and he cheated. I'm shocked you need this explained. He wasn't a likable guy. He wasn't great with the fans or the media. He threw his team mate under the bus when he got caught. I love his stats, but he's kind of a fraud and that's putting it nicely.

To his credit, you forgot the hot chicks he banged.

Wasnt talking to you but thanks for chiming in.

By the way I was referring to what he means by "youre beyond help." Im well aware of why people dont like him captain obvious.

Elaborate on what you mean by this

what do you think of people who hide? dishonest people who act shamefully. now, i'm not talking about the moralistic shame put on you by other people. i'm talking about the shame you feel inside. the kind that makes you hide your true self from other people.

the next sincere words out of a rod's mouth will be the first. he's been cheating and lying since high school.

what would you expect me to think of a person that vocally applauds that person?

what do you think of people who hide? dishonest people who act shamefully. now, i'm not talking about the moralistic shame put on you by other people. i'm talking about the shame you feel inside. the kind that makes you hide your true self from other people.

the next sincere words out of a rod's mouth will be the first. he's been cheating and lying since high school.

what would you expect me to think of a person that vocally applauds that person?

that sounds like some deep next level self-reflection sh!t right there...lol. I found myself questioning life as I read it...

it puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again.  

That all makes sense, but some people just genuinely enjoyed watching him play the game of baseball. A-Rod in his prime was an extraordinary talent and was fun to watch. Same thing for Bonds. People forget baseball is entertainment just like any other sport. Just because you like a player on the field doesnt mean youre openly supporting every single choice he makes in his life.

That all makes sense, but some people just genuinely enjoyed watching him play the game of baseball. A-Rod in his prime was an extraordinary talent and was fun to watch. Same thing for Bonds. People forget baseball is entertainment just like any other sport. Just because you like a player on the field doesnt mean youre openly supporting every single choice he makes in his life.

I'm indifferent on the subject of A-Rod, but i think the majority of people agree with you...A-Rod and Bonds were fun to watch in their prime. The issue is though the cloud of suspicion regarding steroids (Bonds TBD but A-Rod..yes). The player people enjoyed watching was aided with steroids...Liking a player on the field and supporting every single choice off the field are two different things yes, but when the choices they make carry over to the field and subsequently taint their legacy and jeopardize the integrity of the game you'd have to expect some blowback. Again, I respect your admiration for A-Rod, but don't be surprised if you're in the minority.

i understand that sentiment, but i think all of their accomplishments are stained with deceit and hubris and that makes me resent them for taking the positive memories away from me. although, it was common knowledge bonds was cheating in real time.