• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Please Trout, not more steal attempts, ouch!!!

I know our favorite son is only wishing to please.

But....

Please young great Trouty, you do not need to do more.

We cannot afford to have the franchise get seriously dinged in any shape or form.

Trouty, instead of extending thyself gassing for for the next unneeded base, instead please cut thee down on strikeouts.  That be all.

You are our everything.

How Trouty goes there goes the Halos.

I want to see a 40/40 season out of Trout.  It was looking promising his rookie year when he went 30/49

Trouty is a way bigger boy than when he was a rook.  Also we did not know fully just what we had in Trout of that early vintage.  He was a promising rook only at that early hour.  Now he is the franchise.  The head first slides he fashions are potential disasters in the making.  An infielder who jams his fingers or cuts them beneath his cleats?  A nightmare scenario.  Let little light fast dudes scoot to second or third?  Trout is built like a fast tight end.  All crying for his attempting to do more will just be crying should anything untoward occur regarding Trout?

I say we just put him in a glass case and never let him out. That's how we'll make sure he's always healthy!

I will readily admit I put the whole shootin' match on der wunderkind.  And I cannot begin to express my jangled nerves at seeing Trout extending all out for Burns lead off shot.  That all out run right out of the gate in ST made my stomach knot.  I have seen many a hammy hurtie come about on runs just like that.  Especially the first between the lines hard shot right after the sleepy off season?  Oh well, go Trout.  Head forth 2016 Angels.

He was most valuable those first two years when he was stealing bases and taking singles to the right side.  Those singles turned into doubles pretty quickly when he was stealing bases. 

Can you just write simple sentences, please?  They're much easier to understand when trying to get your points across.

Thanks!

Why do you believe that stolen base attempts in any way correlates to changes in strikeout rate? They seem completely unrelated. Your implied concern about injury risk and the long-term effects on durability related to base running might have some merit.

Trout consistently hits for a .300 batting average, a .400 on-base percentage, and a .360 BABIP. It's pure speculation at this point that lowering Trout's strikeout rate will result in improving any of that. He might just end up with the same outs on balls in play which could be neutral or additional GIDP opportunities which would be negative.

Even though I had to read your post three times to understand it, surprisingly this is your most cogent post to date on AW.

Edited by halosfan1970