• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

North Korea leader tells military to be ready to use nuclear weapons at any time

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  If they can deliver a nuclear weapon into the US then it’s game over.  Military conflict is no longer an option.  It doesn’t matter that we can nuke them into oblivion.  We have far, far, far more to lose by suffering 1 nuclear strike.  South Korea does as well.  This is just a realistic observation.  

I’m not posting this as an insider but as someone with solid observation skills. It’s been 72 years ago that we first deployed a nuclear device. In the time since there’s been a ton of research done into both deployment and defense of nukes. The North Koreans would be lobbing a hand grenade over a hill at us and they’re have no real idea what lies in store for that grenade once it’s out of their hands. Neither do the rest of the world. I think we’re more concerned about others seeing how we defend than we are of them successfully striking US soil with their weapons. 

Trump has responded on Twitter.

North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the “Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.” Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!

On 12/15/2017 at 8:51 AM, fan_since79 said:

1513274650075.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

There must be a thousand military leaders in that crowd behind Kim. You'd think at least one of them would be able to figure out how to put a bullet in the back of his head and rid the nation of its misery.

But, no.

Yeah, I really don't get it. So many people suffering so much, all for the sake of keeping one man in power. And none of these guys has the balls to take him out.

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Well,  at the very least Trump's approach is novel. 

I despise Trump, but I agree with his approach on NK: convince Jong Poon and the rest of the world - i.e., China - that he is unstable and willing to push the button first. Maybe that gets China to put an end to this B.S.

16 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Trump has responded on Twitter.

North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the “Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.” Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!

At this point I question the sincerity of these tweets. I think he’s just trolling his haters right now and they’re taking the bait

35 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Yea how dare people take what the POTUS is saying about nukes seriously

One should always question the wisdom of performing the action that their adversary clearly wants them to take. 

20 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Oh, so the "Trump Conundrum" (TM 2017 ChiliDavisEyez) doesn't apply here?

I’m not sure how you would draw this conclusion? Is the purpose of the tweet sincere and thus idiotic. Well a more straight forward idiocy to be sure. Or is there another purpose to the tweet which would mean the tweet is itself a lie? Such purpose as perhaps deliberately antagonize his opponents into a compromised emotional state? Regardless we’re left in position where we claim he is a liar. But also relying on the belief that what he says implicitly true to prove he is an idiot. A shaky foundation to say the least.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I’m not sure how you would draw this conclusion? Is the purpose of the tweet sincere and thus idiotic. Well a more straight forward idiocy to be sure. Or is there another purpose to the tweet which would mean the tweet is itself a lie? Such purpose as perhaps deliberately antagonize his opponents into a compromised emotional state? Regardless we’re left in position where we claim he is a liar. But also relying on the belief that what he says implicitly true to prove he is an idiot. A shaky foundation to say the least.

It's such an awful situation. Exactly what is one to do then?

I think the intent of his tweet is to portray Kim as a bothersome pest who poses little threat, and therefore cause instability within his regime.

Make no mistake that the NK situation is very delicate and requires strategic moves to unseat him. I think the US is trying to help along an uprising in NK. They're probably placing some propaganda within NK too.

34 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I think the intent of his tweet is to portray Kim as a bothersome pest who poses little threat, and therefore cause instability within his regime.

Make no mistake that the NK situation is very delicate and requires strategic moves to unseat him. I think the US is trying to help along an uprising in NK. They're probably placing some propaganda within NK too.

You do realize the North Korean citizens have never seen Twitter? They have no internet access,  no access to the outside world. So anything Trump says on Twitter stays on Twitter and has zero effect on the populace.

55 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It's such an awful situation. Exactly what is one to do then?

Focus on Trump's motivations and end goals. Do everything you can to prevent him from reaching them. If he tries to illicit a divisive reaction from the opposition, perhaps a different reaction would be warranted?

36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You do realize the North Korean citizens have never seen Twitter? They have no internet access,  no access to the outside world. So anything Trump says on Twitter stays on Twitter and has zero effect on the populace.

Poor citizens, sure. But i'm sure Kim isn't the only soul in NK that has seen Trump tweets, like higher up military guys or the NK UN ambassador for example.