• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2015-16 PGA Tour Season

16 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I don't think I've ever had anything but Foot Joys...loyal since high school.

Shoes wise.  Foot Joys, till this year.  Switched to spikeless Oakleys since they were cheap.  My god, they are so comfortable.  They are like playing golf in slippers.  The feel is that nice.  I bought a pair of spiked Oakleys for carts, and they aren't at slipper level, but the only thing that doesn't hurt after I play golf is my feet.

i've had a couple of taylor drivers and they were so-so for me. my favorite set of clubs was a knockoff set of ping 2 irons that are now gathering dust in @Adam's garage.

my favorite driver was a lynx, and my favorite three-wood was a hallway big bertha strong 3.

since i have big, wide feet, i buy whatever golf shoes i can find that fit, and i haven't used a golf glove in more than a decade. i don't have blister problems without one, either.

I've never worn gloves either.  I even have half cords (used to be full cords).  Never had problems with blisters.

And if you guys are in the market for clubs.  I would highly recommend the XR series from Callaway for the hybrids and woods.  So easy to hit.  I'm actually thinking of changing my driver from a Taylor Made R15 to a Callaway XR.  My weak weak spot right now is the drives, and it's getting frustrating. 

I seem to change my driver and putter the most.  Although my Ping Isopur B60 has been good for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2016 at 10:43 AM, gotbeer said:

Golf industry must be reeling.  First Nike, seems Addidas is also leaving.

Nike and Adidas are getting out of the golf business at exactly the wrong time

And I think of the 35 years playing, I have never purchased a product from either brand for golf.

I hit a Nike driver and 2 hybrids(18 and 22 degree).  Love them!  The driver is the Vapor Speed and it's the best I've owned.  Forgiving and long.  I'm seeing some solid deals on them right now.  I couldn't recommend a club more.

So what in the world happened to Fowler on the back nine? I left to run some errands and he was leading by one at -10. I come back and he's not even on the first page of the leaderboard. 

Reed is your new leader for the FedEx Cup and guaranteed himself a spot on the Ryder Cup team.

17 hours ago, Tank said:

So what in the world happened to Fowler on the back nine? I left to run some errands and he was leading by one at -10. I come back and he's not even on the first page of the leaderboard. 

Reed is your new leader for the FedEx Cup and guaranteed himself a spot on the Ryder Cup team.

I missed the entire round yesterday, but watched quite a bit the other days. That course was biting people the whole time. It whittled down to who could recover from bad holes, because everyone seemed to have a few. 

On Fowler's back 9 Sunday..

He'll now need to rely on Davis Love III to choose him as one of the four captain's picks.

Fowler opened The Barclays 12th in American Ryder Cup standings, and he didn't even need to win to crack the top eight and pave his own way, but he unraveled on the Black course's difficult back nine. According to the projections of Golf Channel's Justin Ray, Fowler went from fourth to 11th in the Ryder Cup standings in the span of eight holes.

He made the turn tied for the lead with Patrick Reed at 10 under, but he was four over on the back nine. That included a bogey, double bogey, birdie, bogey finish. A birdie on the 18th would have still been good enough to get in, but a bogey gave the spot to Zach Johnson. On the final nine, Fowler hit just 2 of 7 fairways.

MORE: Reed wins Barclays  |  Meet Team USA's Eight Automatic Ryder Cup Qualifiers

"Disappointing back nine," Fowler said. "I didn't drive it the way I needed to. It was just a little off here and there. You had to be playing out of the fairway. So yeah, very disappointing. Not the way I've been playing the back nine all week. Coming to the last eight holes, I made one bogey through the week. I don't know, like I said, just made a couple bad swings at the wrong time."

Fowler is the defending champion at next week's Deutsche Bank Championship at TPC Boston. Love will make three captain's picks after the BMW Championship on Sept. 12 and the final one on Sept. 25 after the Tour Championship.

"I played great this week, and I'm not worried about resumé or anything like that," Fowler said. "I've just got to continue to work on the game, continue getting better. It was almost really good this week."

• 3 weeks later...

DJ looking solid again this week at the Tour Championship.  Unfortunately, Day just had to withdraw with the back again.  I'd be really surprised now if Johnson doesn't bring home the trophy and the 10 million.  But you never know in this game.

Knox just completed a 2nd round 66 to throw his hat in the ring for the weekend.  I believe Clarke and the Euro's will regret passing him over for the Ryder Cup team.  I can understand his reasoning, but I strongly disagree.  There are some inferior players to Knox that made that squad.

And then the big question...who does Love choose with his final captains pick?  Bubba, Thomas or Berger?  I can't imagine it's not Bubba, but I also couldn't imagine Knox getting passed over.  These captains are big on 'chemistry'.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

I can't really quantify it but there's something seriously wrong with McIlroy winning the fed ex cup and $10 million after the year he had

Agree 100%.  I can't stand that little leprechaun.  That said...he hit the shots he needed down the stretch and the Americans played like they do on a Sunday of a Ryder Cup.  I can't help but feel the Euro's got a big momentum boost a week early.