• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels GM Billy Eppler sharpens focus on outfielders

AngelsWin.com

There is one thing I'm really starting to like about Eppler.  I've read all of his comments and interviews the last couple of months, and while he is not as eloquent as Dipoto, the guy seems to be really thorough.  It beats decisions to death, and thoroughly discusses them with others in the organization.  He's a doggedly patient guy, we need that now more than ever.

I think we are seeing a contrast in styles between Dipoto and Eppler, and I'm not saying that one is better than the other because they aren't, they are just two different ways of doing their job.  Dipoto lets things rip, he believes in blasting ahead and moving quickly, and has the confidence to clean it up later if it doesn't work.  Eppler is more cautious, he seems to be more careful about getting everyone on the same page, and beating decisions to the bitter end.  On the one hand Dipoto probably feels he can open more opportunities if he beats others to the punch.  Eppler is more willing to let opportunities roll off the table if things aren't all lined up properly.

Edited by tomsred

I feel very positive we  will upgrade and sign one of the LF's. But it really concerns me to hear that he is staying in house with the bullpen. We would really need Bedrosian to turn the corner and be affective.

There will be more bullpen support added, I am positive they won't go with what they have now.

“One of the areas of focus that we have talked about within our front office and scouting department and major league staff is getting guys that make contact and have an idea of the strike zone,” Eppler said. “We don’t have to chase after multiple 20-plus home run guys. They are fun and when they are out there, there is an attraction toward them. You can have an above-average offense and not have guys that sit and spin and lift the ball out of the ballpark.”

Well it's a good thing we're not looking for guys that hit home runs and sit and spin. 

lol

"As for replacing Gott, Eppler seems content to stay in-house. He said it’s an opportunity for pitchers such as Cam Bedrosian, Mike Morin and newly acquired Rule 5 draft pick Deolis Guerra to step into that role."

The new pitching coach has his work cut out for him.

Good luck.