• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners looking to trade Mark Trumbo

No but how about Tropeano?  Jerry likes Tropeana too....I appear to be in the minority but I'd take Trumbo back and plug him in LF.....maybe I'm sentimental....

DH or 1B if we got him back.  And too bad we don't have Ianetta.  JD would probably do that trade.  We still do have Grant Green though.  Another one of JD's favorites.

It's not going to happen, but he's a better version of Cron isn't he?

by the sheer fact that he can stand in the OF.  

I think Cron is a better all around hitter because of his ability to make contact.  I don't think he's done progressing yet so there is some upside there.  Trumbo is what he is.  

Trumbo would have value in the 80's, when HR's were huge, and people didn't care as much about OBP and defense.

Maybe the Mariners will non-tender him, we could sign him cheap and Cron / Trumbo could cover 1B / DH in April while Pujols recovers..

No but how about Tropeano?  Jerry likes Tropeana too....I appear to be in the minority but I'd take Trumbo back and plug him in LF.....maybe I'm sentimental....

You are sentimental. CJ Cron's offensive stats and Mark Trumbo's stats look nearly identical. Cron hits for a little more BA. Trumbo hits for a little more SLG. Both have a terrible OBP around .299. 

Trumbo is a passable 1B backup. His defense as a COF is abysmal.

Trumbo costs $9m. Cron costs $520k. Easy choice.

With the new guy at SS to protect him, I'd rather have Trumbo's bat than Freese's, and I'd rather have him in the hotcorner than Freese. Freese blows so many plays, there's no way Trumbo could be any worse. I just think he needs more time over there. Considering they gave him what, 1 game then called it quits is stupid. Plus I think Trumbo used to be a pitcher so he has a gun.

With the new guy at SS to protect him, I'd rather have Trumbo's bat than Freese's, and I'd rather have him in the hotcorner than Freese. Freese blows so many plays, there's no way Trumbo could be any worse. I just think he needs more time over there. Considering they gave him what, 1 game then called it quits is stupid. Plus I think Trumbo used to be a pitcher so he has a gun.

He started 8 games at 3rd and made 4 errors.