• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mattingly, Dodgers part ways

John Taylor

I like how the "NEW" Front Office of the Doggs are like naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah we don't want Tommy Lasorda....excuse us, we mean Mike Scioscia managing our team.......We're cool, we'll take a young hip dude that understands advanced metrics and uses scouting reports....

When did they say that?

Must have been when they said they didn't want Maddon either

Interesting note that back in the day Terry Collins who was the Albuquerque Dukes Manager was once thought to be a replacement for Tommy Lasorda in the 80's and then they won their last World Series in 88.

And it only took Collins 27 years to get the last laugh. 

@ Lou there was a tweet by the VP guy from the Rays that came over that they were not interested in Baker or Scioscia this morning. I can't copy, quote or cut and paste here or I would copy it for you.

The VP of the Rays isn't the GM of the Dodgers. 

Also there are 10 Vice Presidents in the Rays front office so exactly who is it you are saying made that quote?

Edited by notti

They dude that left the Rays and is the VP of Baseball OPS for the Dodgers Freidman?????..........

I have been scouring the web looking for any reference between Dodgers/Friedman/Scioscia and there just doesn't seem to be a single article that puts those two together. If there was anything out there that said Friedman refused to hire Baker (which would be obvious) or Scioscia then someone did some cleanup in aisle 9 because I can't find it. 

And here is a little tidbit for the guys out there that whined that Jerry didn't get to choose a manager, all you read about the Dodgers is what Andrew Friedman is saying. He is not the GM. The GM was outsourced to Canada via Oakland in a guy that never played ball but has a Doctorate of Philosophy in Economics ($300 million in payroll is philosophically sound?), Farhan Zaidi. 

Yeah a number cruncher of the highest order that read Moneyball and worshiped Beane so much Billy gave him a job. Now he is the unknown comic in the Dodgers organization because Andrew Friedman does all of the press conferences and Andrew Friedman makes all of the calls and the GM is what he is, a subordinate to the President of Baseball Operations Andrew Friedman.

Edited by notti

Collins looks like a "genius" with Syndegaard, DeGrom, Harvey, and Matz while Scioscia was "not a good manager" when his daily line-up consisted of Featherston and Gilaspie, but became "good" again when Freese and Giavotella were healthy.

Makes sense...

"You, strawberry, hit a home run" - mr burns

Darryl strawberry goes yard

"You see that smithers? I told him to do that."

"Brilliant strategy, sir" - smithers

i'll bet catorbaby is excited to have jerry in seattle.

LOL.....   I can picture it now..  a long winded post that starts with some romance novel like passage about them locking eyes and and staring into each other's souls...  Good ole Caterbaby...  Somehow her much talked about book never did make it to print

#sewingcirclelivesmatter

So Scioscia and Maddon make very similar in game decisions. They both use the contact play (which I don't like), they both use the bunt a lot, they both use lefty righty match ups. But one worked well with Friedman and the other "will never be a good fit" for Friedman because something something metric lasagna. Is that about right?

Scioscia not going anywhere. No opt out, followed by no playoffs. Again. Then we'll be reminded he is the most successful Angels manager of all time because he won 1 WS in 15yrs. Breathtaking.

And you'll be here to let us all know how good we would be with another manager.