• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels expected to look for a big bat

SoWhat

"The Angels are expected to look for a big bat, especially a lefty one, with third base and second base the targets. David Freese is a free agent, and while the David Murphy $7-million option is reasonable and they could still pick it up, they may try for a more impactful bat for left field."

"Murphy posted 0.1 fWAR over the last three seasons (1,329 plate appearances) and will be owed $7MM. It’s been speculated that the Angels were at least open to keeping him, but that was before they hired new GM Billy Eppler. Yesterday, we heard the club may prefer to use that money on a “more impactful bat.”

http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/25332833/inside-baseball-ng-in-play-for-phillies-mlb-diversity-issues-and-more-news

This team will be better when Scioscia grows some balls and starts batting Pujols down in the lineup. Even if they did get a big bat you know Pujols will still be batting 3rd or 4th.

This argument would mean something if we had a quality bat to bat instead of Albert. The closest thing we had was Cron.

40 hrs is a big bat, but he needs to be moved in the order because he doesn't hit for any average any more...that's his point, and it's valid.

Yes he needs to be moved when we have a better option to hit there. This year we really didn't. So if we sign a better alternative I will agree. If you want that then we should sign Cespedes or Upton. Or sign Heyward and a lead off hitter.

I like Murphey, would be glad to keep him. I hope we never see Joyce in a halo uniform again. We should have gone for Cespedes. Freese is hit or miss in the box but I cannot stand his defense. Until I hear some names I'm not sure power bat is what this team needs, we need a guy that hits for average to all sides of the field especially in clutch situations. Pujols needs to step his game up and give us a freaking .300 BA season.

while I agree we need to walk more and have longer at bats, this team even with Dipoto hasn't brought in OBP guys. Last good OBP guy we brought in was Abreu, who remained a good OBP guy until his skill set dropped off.

Besides Trout when was the last guy who came up through the Angels org. that could provide a good OBP?  I dont recall there ever being one in the Arte Moreno era. 

We tried to bring in Ianetta who was a good OBP catcher.  But other than that, there hasnt been much emphasis on it.  Trout and Pujols both had 40+ homers, and less than 100 RBI.  Thats laughable. We all know what the problem is.  Now watch us go blow all our money on Cespedes.