• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grant Green Clears Waivers

Stradling

A chance would be 100+ games...Like Joyce and a whole lot of Angels suckage.

Finley, Hillenbrand, the list is long.

Guys with track records and major league contracts. Also Joyce has less than 250 at bats so probably around 75 starts or so. Edited by Stradling

I think Grant latches on somewhere as a Jung-Ho Kang type. The Angels never gave him much if a chance, so this is good for him.

Kang can actually play defense...  and third base.   

I still contend LF might be his best chance to play and not be a defensive liability.   Given the current state of AL LFers -- his bat might even play there.

Guys with track records and major league contracts. Also Joyce has less than 250 at bats so probably around 75 starts or so.

I think it's fair to question why Green didn't get more of an opportunity in LF.   I wanted no part of him at 2B but I do feel bad for the guy..... he seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time for most of his Angels "career".

I was never a fan ... so be it. Although, baseball is a very tuff game, most young players go through years of trial and tribulations to live their dream. They spend countless hours making peanuts in the minors for a chance to be a everyday major leaguer. Parents are also part of this equation. Most kids go through years of travel ball which can be costly in time and money for the parents. I'm going through it now as a parent ... as my son gets older the traveling will become more time consuming and costly.

go luck Grant

Edited by Troll Daddy

surprised this move is being made with the rosters expanded.

we have room on the 40 man roster for Joyce but not Green? (Is Joyce on permanent DL or did his weak numbers just relegate him to the LEFT OUT position?).

We lost the game this afternoon/ evening  (Wednesday 9/30 vs. Oakland) with SIX unearned runs -- a key error by Featherston -- the Rule 5 guy who I still can't figure out why he was on the 25 man roster instead of Grant Green or even Josh Rutledge (although Rutledge pretty much played himself off the roster in Spring Training -- played most of the year at SLC before getting dealt over to BoSox where he was called up to the 25 man roster and actually got some MLB playing time).

I'm one who thought Grant Green really didn't a full shot with the Halos -- he made some starts here and there did OK at time and failed miserably at the plate in others. His glove was never stellar and was weak to mediocre but he's playing 2B for  pete's sake and some 3B.  I remember him making a pretty good catch out in LF in game - might have been as a 2014 Sept, call up guy.

oh well, poetic justice --I guess -- Grant Green gets cut loose on the day that T. Featherston makes a key E that leads to unearned runs and a Halos loss........

surprised this move is being made with the rosters expanded.

we have room on the 40 man roster for Joyce but not Green? (Is Joyce on permanent DL or did his weak numbers just relegate him to the LEFT OUT position?).

We lost the game this afternoon/ evening  (Wednesday 9/30 vs. Oakland) with SIX unearned runs -- a key error by Featherston -- the Rule 5 guy who I still can't figure out why he was on the 25 man roster instead of Grant Green or even Josh Rutledge (although Rutledge pretty much played himself off the roster in Spring Training -- played most of the year at SLC before getting dealt over to BoSox where he was called up to the 25 man roster and actually got some MLB playing time).

I'm one who thought Grant Green really didn't a full shot with the Halos -- he made some starts here and there did OK at time and failed miserably at the plate in others. His glove was never stellar and was weak to mediocre but he's playing 2B for  pete's sake and some 3B.  I remember him making a pretty good catch out in LF in game - might have been as a 2014 Sept, call up guy.

oh well, poetic justice --I guess -- Grant Green gets cut loose on the day that T. Featherston makes a key E that leads to unearned runs and a Halos loss........

And Giavotella's error was less key?  And how about Cron's, game would still be tied.  And what about Trout cutting off a ball that ended in a triple?  Featherston is a lost cause, but the other three are experienced and will be back next year.  This game had so many gifts to the A's they must have thought it was Christmas.  Also, it's interesting, in a perverted way, that Houston also made 4 errors and won by one run.

Sometimes it's the little things, like picking up a baseball, that become so hard.  An ugly night, but it's done, and we move on.

It's too bad, and I think they could have let him finish the season with the team, but in the long run, IMHO it's for the best for him. I do think that Sosh, etc., had a grudge for some reason. The fact that Featherston -- who doesn't have that whole "veteran with a track record" thing going and has played terribly all year long -- has had playing time over Green makes no sense.

Anyway, if the Angels aren't going to give him a chance, hopefully he can sign with another team who will. With a change of scenery and a team who gives him consistent playing time, he might really flourish.

#Angels IF Grant Green has cleared waivers and been assigned to AAA. He was DFA'd last week for P Jo-Jo Reyes.

Green back to Salt Lake. 

That says a lot about his value...Funny that a few people on here have talked about trading him so that he can "have his chance," etc.  Every other team just passed on him, even though he was free.  Whoooops....

That says a lot about his value...Funny that a few people on here have talked about trading him so that he can "have his chance," etc. Every other team just passed on him, even though he was free. Whoooops....

Yep just like when Taylor Lindsay passed through waivers for SD this year.