• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's wrong with Huston Street?

Even though hes put up some good seasons, Street never really gave me the impression of a dominant closer. I dont know if hes being over used or what but a dominant closer doesnt give up 5+ straight at bats with a line drive.

He's always been a head case to a certain extent. 

Long streaks of excellence peppered with unexplainable weaknesses in various aspects of his game. 

Even though hes put up some good seasons, Street never really gave me the impression of a dominant closer. I dont know if hes being over used or what but a dominant closer doesnt give up 5+ straight at bats with a line drive.

Every closer, EVERY one has had a bad day. I'm sure even the great Mariano had a day or two like this.

Every closer, EVERY one has had a bad day. I'm sure even the great Mariano had a day or two like this.

A bad day?  This was more than just a "bad day."  A bad day is giving up a run or two, maybe on a line drive a stolen base and a bloop, or a walk and a homer.  

Street gave up a no doubt home run, then a bunch of line drive hits, followed by a terribly located pitch to a slap hitting shortstop who took him deep.  Like I said dominant closers dont do that.  

The guy can't be perfect. Give him a break, he has the most saves of anyone in the AL.

Is there anyone besides Street you'd rather have in there in the 9th?

Blame fu**stick Featherweight for having a stupid glove he can't get the ball out of.

That was one heck of a quirky ninth inning.  The toughest part was that victory was so, so close.  We were within a third strike twice, the Featherstone play (actually a great play, followed by equipment failure), and Calhoun so close to catching the home run that barely stayed fair.  Unfortunately on the Featherstone play he's a rookie, and these kind of things happen to a rookie.  Betcha he pays a lot more attention to his glove in the future.  Actually Street didn't have it at all in that inning.  That was a smash that Navarro made a great play on at first, and turned it into an out.  Then a line drive to center field fortunately right at Trout.

Houston Street is a really good closer, he'll be back.  It's always ugly to lose in blown save situation (especially with a 3 run lead), but we have other pressing problems that need addressing that are a much higher priority.  We had a lot of chances to blow this one open long before the ninth inning, and it never happened.

The guy can't be perfect. Give him a break, he has the most saves of anyone in the AL.

Is there anyone besides Street you'd rather have in there in the 9th?

Blame fu**stick Featherweight for having a stupid glove he can't get the ball out of.

No I'm going to blame the guy that gave up five runs as opposed to the infielder that fielded a ball that got hit so hard it stuck in his glove. I was listening on the radio and for some reason Bobby Grich was in for Langston. Grich said he used the same kind of webbing in his glove.

Didn't something similar happen the last time Street was used three nights in a row?  This was also his fourth game in a row, albeit with a day off after the first one.  Not excusing it, just saying it's not entirely a surprise.  

That's a good password. I'm impressed.

The key is to use a password management software like Lastpass, which allows you to generate random character strings to use as passwords at different sites like forums. That way if a site is ever hacked, the hacker does not have access to any other of your accounts using duplicate or near duplicate passwords.

It also means you conveniently only need to remember one master password for anything. Only downside is is you lose or forget your master password you're #%@$ed.