• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

8 reasons why the Angels will still make the playoffs

Second Base

Alright, so here's basically my only reasons to believe at this point...

1. The Angels trail the Rangers by 3 games.  The Rangers are not a good major league baseball team.

2. The Angels play the Rangers 3 times this weekend.  If they sweep, they'll be tied.  

3. The Angels trail the Twins by only 1 game.  The Twins are not a good major league baseball team. 

4. The Angels play the Twins 4 times before September 20th. 

5. The Angels trail the Houston Astros by 6 games. The Astros aren't THAT good of a major league baseball team. 

6. The Angels play the Astros 6 more times this season. 

7. The Angels will play the M's and A's 9 more times this season.  Those are not good major league baseball teams. 

8. The Angels don't have to be a good major league baseball team to win the second wild card.

This thread should be titled:

There is a non-zero chance that the Angels may qualify to play a one game play-in on the road

I agree. Although until we start actually sweeping teams like the Rangers or the Astros, I'm not going to get buttercupped by the Angels' annual too-little-too-late end-of-season hot streak 

This thread should be titled:

There is a non-zero chance that the Angels may qualify to play a one game play-in on the road

I agree. Although until we start actually sweeping teams like the Rangers or the Astros, I'm not going to get buttercupped by the Angels' annual too-little-too-late end-of-season hot streak

I HATE being buttercupped!

Theres a couple things wrong with this.  Were 4 back of the Rangers, 3.5 if you want to be technical.  If the Rangers lose tonight, were 3 back in the loss column.  Were 3 back of the Twins in the loss column, 2.5 for you technical people.  

To make the wild card game it would an incredibly hot September while winning those head to head series with the teams were chasing.  Its not impossible, but the Angels have nobody to blame but themselves if they miss the playoffs.

I hope we make the playoffs and go on some insane run and win it all.

Sosh the hero!

If you created a poll question that was simply:

Would you rather

Win the World Series this year but it meant three more years of Mike Scioscia

Or

Not make the playoffs but Scioscia won't return

It would literally be 50/50

If you created a poll question that was simply:

Would you rather

Win the World Series this year but it meant three more years of Mike Scioscia

Or

Not make the playoffs but Scioscia won't return

It would literally be 50/50

By three more years do you mean Scioscia will finish out his current contract, or Arte will extend him for three additional years?

Alright, so here's basically my only reasons to believe at this point...

1. The Angels trail the Rangers by 3 games.  The Rangers are not a good major league baseball team.

2. The Angels play the Rangers 3 times this weekend.  If they sweep, they'll be tied.  

3. The Angels trail the Twins by only 1 game.  The Twins are not a good major league baseball team. 

4. The Angels play the Twins 4 times before September 20th. 

5. The Angels trail the Houston Astros by 6 games. The Astros aren't THAT good of a major league baseball team. 

6. The Angels play the Astros 6 more times this season. 

7. The Angels will play the M's and A's 9 more times this season.  Those are not good major league baseball teams. 

8. The Angels don't have to be a good major league baseball team to win the second wild card.

I'll bet that you believe that the US actually landed on the moon. 

I'll bet that you believe that the US actually landed on the moon.

There are only two kinds of countries in the world: those who use the metric system, and those who have landed on the moon.

And to clear things up a little, yeah, if I had to put money on it, I'd say the Angels are finished.  There just isn't any offensive consistency to speak of and if Mike Trout isn't doing Mike Trout things, I can't see them scoring runs with any regularity (as I say this, they put up a 9-spot on Sonny Gray).

But because of the schedule, the Angels making the playoffs isn't really that far fetched.  I see no reason why they can't sweep Texas.