• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

where have you been

11 minutes ago, calscuf said:

A couple of weekends ago the wife and I went up to Santa Barbara for a Van Morrison concert.  We spent the afternoon up there and had a nice dinner.  I'd actually never been there (despite living a year in Ventura when I was a kid).  It seems like a pretty cool place, I definitely want to go back and check it out more sometime.

Isla Vista at night is a riot.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from 5 days in Cabo for a wedding at Pedregal.

F*cking love that town. Was there in May too for my birthday.

Might have to look into buying little place on the beach. Such a fun area.

From epic times at the Breeders Cup, then Cabo, and then Vegas next weekend. My liver is not my biggest fan right now.

I have friends with a place on the East Cape (Vinorama.. out the Palo Escopeda road) It's truly awesome. Cabo Pulmo reef is just a few miles north as are the fishing resorts at Palmilla and La Ribera/ Los Barilles.

They are Italian citizens...so they aren't as concerned as the Americans living down there about the backlash of a Trump presidency. There is some real concern about how this is going to affect Americans living in Mexico. There might be some attractive deals on places in that area, as people move to "greener pastures" But I might wait to see how things shake out for a while, before investing anywhere in Mexico.

5 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I have friends with a place on the East Cape (Vinorama.. out the Palo Escopeda road) It's truly awesome. Cabo Pulmo reef is just a few miles north as are the fishing resorts at Palmilla and La Ribera/ Los Barilles.

They are Italian citizens...so they aren't as concerned as the Americans living down there about the backlash of a Trump presidency. There is some real concern about how this is going to affect Americans living in Mexico. There might be some attractive deals on places in that area, as people move to "greener pastures" But I might wait to see how things shake out for a while, before investing anywhere in Mexico.

Fair points.

I will say the entire time we were down there, didn't hear one word about elections/trump/hillary/etc.

was so nice.

On 11/1/2016 at 0:15 PM, Schildog said:

can anyone let me know what to do in frankfurt? planning a few days there at the end of the month. 

Not a whole lot to do there....but germany isnt huge. jump on a train and head somewhere cool. literally....berlin, amsterdam, brussels, paris etc are only a few hours away.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

That wasn't meant to be an Old School picture, although I now see how it relates to the earlier post, which was a Old School reference.  

That was supposed to be a picture of TORS, asshole, you and T-Bomb should be here with me now amigo!  Orale!

Wish i could my maan, but short on time off right now. could definetely use some bavarian scenery and pub crawling right now though

52 minutes ago, Schildog said:

anyone have any must go do's in munich? i'm assuming the beer halls will be can't miss stuff. i'm also tempted by the bmw museum. i'm sure the christmas market will be something to see as well. 

Hofbrauhaus, where cals is. dachau is real close too, if youre a history buff.

5 hours ago, Schildog said:

anyone have any must go do's in munich? i'm assuming the beer halls will be can't miss stuff. i'm also tempted by the bmw museum. i'm sure the christmas market will be something to see as well. 

If you are in Munich for the christmas market, make sure you go. Choir singing on the church balcony, mulled wine...it is impossible not to get into the holiday spirit.

6 hours ago, Schildog said:

the palaces and residences are great, like Nymphenburg. super over the top baroque.

or the new town hall. 

just wander all over old town.

do a day trip to neuschwanstein castle. seeing it during snow season would be insane gorgeous.

hofbrauhaus is a blast. not as fun as oktoberfest of course, but it's good times there.

christmas market should be amazing. ive never been.

6 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

the palaces and residences are great, like Nymphenburg. super over the top baroque.

or the new town hall. 

just wander all over old town.

do a day trip to neuschwanstein castle. seeing it during snow season would be insane gorgeous.

hofbrauhaus is a blast. not as fun as oktoberfest of course, but it's good times there.

christmas market should be amazing. ive never been.

I'd second Neuschwanstein...and make the effort to hike up to the bridge overlooking the castle. There is an overlook and the bridge, visit both.