• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/7 vs. Orioles: DeJesus leading off

Only fitting that Scioscia would sit Cron considering Cron's game tying hit with two out in the bottom of the 9th in the last game. "Nice job saving us from another loss. Now go ride some pine."

If Cron had better than a .704 OPS you might have an argument.

He doesn't, you don't.

If Cron had better than a .704 OPS you might have an argument.

He doesn't, you don't.

OK, Mr. Expert. Sorry for voicing an opinion. I'm not saying Cron is an ideal DH (he's clearly streaky, to say the least). All I'm saying is why bench him after doing something positive in the previous game? Seems counterproductive.

Only fitting that Scioscia would sit *Player* considering *clutch anything that either ties or wins the game* with two out in the bottom of the *inning* in the last game.

"Nice job saving us from another loss. Now go ride some pine."

So funny and true. It happens so consistently I laugh and wonder if it's truly what goes through his mind when writing the lineup.

And it's also what drives me nuckin' futs about Skip's decision making because SO WHAT IF his OPS was lower? Why would you sit a guy who was clearly seeing the ball well the last game, and might be able to string a few more hits together? Maybe in the clutch? That's stupid! Why not let him have a little consistency up the plate? You can't always just blatantly look at the numbers and decide that's the reason he deserves to be sat.

In this case it's Cron and I think he's a wasted at bat and I would rather he not be up at the plate or on the field at all so I'm fine with it.

Cron had his opportunity to play every day. He didn't get the job done. He is only reason he is over 700 OPS is because he has been playing mostly against left handers.

So funny and true. It happens so consistently I laugh and wonder if it's truly what goes through his mind when writing the lineup.

And it's also what drives me nuckin' futs about Skip's decision making because SO WHAT IF his OPS was lower? Why would you sit a guy who was clearly seeing the ball well the last game, and might be able to string a few more hits together? Maybe in the clutch? That's stupid! Why not let him have a little consistency up the plate? You can't always just blatantly look at the numbers and decide that's the reason he deserves to be sat.

In this case it's Cron and I think he's a wasted at bat and I would rather he not be up at the plate or on the field at all so I'm fine with it.

I'm just wondering what Murphy has done to warrant batting in the middle of the order

Beside being a veteran, of course

I'd love to know the answer to this as well. Robertson should be starting over Murphy and the two other clowns (Victorino/DeJesus).