• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels' Matt Joyce searching for answers as slump deepens

Sometimes, I watch the games a couple hours after they end. I can fast forward through commercials and such. I always watch Richards, Heaney and Wilson pitch, and I typically watch every AB, except one, Matt Joyce. Whenever he's up, I just fast forward because I already know the outcome.

It's beyond ridiculous he's still in the majors right now when we have several options in AAA better, younger and cheaper than he is.

Joyce is unable to hit because he has a fork sticking out of his back.

The Angels have a lot of minor league options?  Robertson was already moved up.  He stinks, too.   I wouldn't mind seeing more of Navarro, but he hasn't exactly been impressive unless we're talking defense at first base.  

It's time to give up on Joyce, but it's not like the Angels have good in house options.  He'll be relegated to the bench soon enough, when the Angels get an outfielder.  

Robertson is batting .274 and he's made some pretty nice defensive plays. He doesn't suck. IMHO they should just start him over Joyce all the time.

He's an ok 4th OF'er but probably not an everyday guy...Cowgill type....a better option than Joyce for sure...

Giants wasted no time in DFA Casey McGehee when he got off to such an abysmal start. It's nearly August and the Angels still keep giving Joyce AB's for who knows what reason. Navarro isn't good and neither is Robertson, but it's pretty hard to think that those 2 couldn't combine to outproduce Joyce's .179/.276/.300 line and his impressive -1.2 WAR

Enough is enough. The guy has been given 276 plate appearances....move on already.

The Angels have a lot of minor league options? Robertson was already moved up. He stinks, too. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Navarro, but he hasn't exactly been impressive unless we're talking defense at first base.

It's time to give up on Joyce, but it's not like the Angels have good in house options. He'll be relegated to the bench soon enough, when the Angels get an outfielder.

It really doesn't take much to be better than Matt Joyce. Marte, Green, Navarro, Kieschniek or Mitchell would all provide a considerable upgrade.

Those aren't star prospects at all, but Joyce is literally the 6th best option in the system right now. He should not be in the major leagues right now.