• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trades/trade deadline countdown thread

Upton rocking a .248 batting average now...

Padres might want to hurry and try to get something for him before he goes under .240

Check out his numbers since June 1st...  .169/.273/.254.    Between his being a pending FA and his actual performance, Upton has completely torpedoed his value...   AJ Preller's first year as GM has been a complete bust.

Torres was drafted from HS, and never made it anywhere in the org.

Newcomb at least can pitch several innings per game already and be dominant, and is much stronger than the thin Torres was.

not to mention he was invited to and held his own in the futures game, and that's top talent.

I can recall us hanging onto Joe Torres with that logic. 

Your recollection of things is awful.   Joe Torres was a 17 year old HS pick that peaked in rookie ball.   It took him three years to progress to High A, where he was awful then got hurt.  He was 22 years old by the time he was back in high A and again was awful, where he posted an ERA over 10.00 in his age 22 and 23 seasons.

Check out his numbers since June 1st... .169/.273/.254. Between his being a pending FA and his actual performance, Upton has completely torpedoed his value... AJ Preller's first year as GM has been a complete bust.

i kind of think trading for him now is a good idea. If they can get him cheap (enough), you can at least get a gauge on him to see if he can hit and fit in here. Id lrefer to trade a non essential prospect (s) for him as a try out than 150 mill to see

I've probably been the loudest critic of that trade from the moment it went down, I had been touting Grichuk to do exactly what he has done but Dipoto was quoted on more than one occasion that the Cards wouldn't do the deal unless the Angels added some sweetener -- they in turn added Salas to try to even out the inclusion of Grichuk.  It's also been said in numerous places that Salas was a likely non-tender.

So, no..  They couldnt get it done for Bourjos straight up.

That has always been DiPoto's story....no reason to think he wasn't being honest about it....whatever you make think about DiPoto, when he gave some details, he was always pretty forthcoming...same with Scioscia...he's good at "coach speak" but when he gives out some details, if you can decipher, he's telling you something and not trying to mislead....

If we are going to go cheap, we might as well go with David Murphy from Cle.  

I am pretty sure we aren't doing jack squat though.  

Gillaspie might end up being a decent pickup frankly.  

I think (hope) this team is beyond the idea of pulling in a rental for prospects.  If we move anyone worthwhile in our system it better be for someone we get to keep for a few years.  

@TaylorBlakeWard: source: #Angels have been extensively scouting #Cubs Chris Coghlan

*yawn*

I was just gonna say Coghlan would be a solid pickup. He probably won't cost too much either.

2014: .804 OPS, 124 OPS+, 123 wRC+, 9.0 BB%

2015: .784 OPS, 118 OPS+, 113 wRC+, 11.7 BB%

Coghlan's numbers are very comparable to Calhoun. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I've probably been the loudest critic of that trade from the moment it went down, I had been touting Grichuk to do exactly what he has done but Dipoto was quoted on more than one occasion that the Cards wouldn't do the deal unless the Angels added some sweetener -- they in turn added Salas to try to even out the inclusion of Grichuk. It's also been said in numerous places that Salas was a likely non-tender.

So, no.. They couldnt get it done for Bourjos straight up.

Link?

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 8m8 minutes ago

#Royals were close to acquiring Cueto from #Reds earlier tonight, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. Deal fell through.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 8m8 minutes ago

Sources indicate that the problem was that one of the players going from the #Royals to the #Reds for Cueto did not check out medically.