• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can we trust Bill Stoneman as GM?

I dont see being able to trust stoneman as a problem, but rather this organization's refusal to move forward and evolve as the game has evolved.

The angels are stuck in 2002 and that is absolutely not a good thing for future seasons and the long term future of the team

If we make the playoffs this year, great. Is it likely? I don't think so. I'm not really thinking of this season, anyway. Its almost a lost year in my opinion. I have serious doubts about the vision and direction of the angels in 2016 and beyond, however

I dont see being able to trust stoneman as a problem, but rather this organization's refusal to move forward and evolve as the game has evolved.

The angels are stuck in 2002 and that is absolutely not a good thing for future seasons and the long term future of the team

If we make the playoffs this year, great. Is it likely? I don't think so. I'm not really thinking of this season, anyway. Its almost a lost year in my opinion. I have serious doubts about the vision and direction of the angels in 2016 and beyond, however

That's a pretty pessimistic view, not even realistic, legitimately pessimistic.  The Angels are on a roll right now, are 2 GB of the Astros who many expect to fade, they lead the Wild Card and have some promising pitchers on their way up as well as potentially decent bats in Kubitza and Cron (we'll see).

The only negative thing I can say about them right now is that the offense needs help and if Stoneman actually is in power, there's a good chance they won't get any help at all despite having way too much pitching depth. 

A ML team going back to Stoneman and Scioscia is like an airline going back to prop planes.

Depends on where you are trying to go, sometimes a propeller plane is the only way to get there.  When a jet plane goes down it's a mess, and when a prop plane loses power it can glide more efficiently.

Edited by tomsred

That's a pretty pessimistic view, not even realistic, legitimately pessimistic.  The Angels are on a roll right now, are 2 GB of the Astros who many expect to fade, they lead the Wild Card and have some promising pitchers on their way up as well as potentially decent bats in Kubitza and Cron (we'll see).

The only negative thing I can say about them right now is that the offense needs help and if Stoneman actually is in power, there's a good chance they won't get any help at all despite having way too much pitching depth. 

So in other words there's nothing negative you can say.

Hence your article is meaningless.

I'll leave it to others to criticize your writing.

"the team didn't go back to Stoneman as GM, he is the interim, nothing more nothing less. It was the right decision for right now."

Why didn't they tell us that "interim GM" isn't a real GM?

We wouldn't need this thread at all.

Who says he isn't a real GM? He's the interim GM for the remainder of the season. If some of you want to be upset about it, go for it. I'm sure by now everyone knows how I feel about all this.

LOL...   Bill Stoneman has gone on record as saying it's a temporary job for him -- nothing else.    He doesn't want the full time job, he's turned down the GM gig many many times in the course of his baseball career before finally taking the job in Anaheim..   My guess is he's here to help the team decide who the next GM is among the two in house candidates.

Edited by Inside Pitch

"Stoneman said Klentak will handle much of the trade talks and day-to-day operations of the club until he can get up to speed.

I’m going to want to know what they’re talking about, and when we get a chance to sit down, we’ll figure out how communications will get done,” Stoneman said. “We’ll see where it goes. There are good people there, guys I know and trust. We’ll get all of that taken care of.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-bill-stoneman-angels-interim-general-manager-20150702-story.html

Sounds to me like the one who will be wheelin' and dealin' is Klentak, so what's the fuss all about?