• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can we trust Bill Stoneman as GM?

IP: I don't disagree w/ any of that and I understand what Jeff is saying...From my end, I guess I'll believe Bill Stoneman has anything to do w/ a deadline deal when I see it....and while I thought he was too reluctant to pull the trigger at times, his track record was pretty impressive....

It's probably a safe bet that if the Angels do make a trade, Bill Stoneman will have very little to do with it. 

then what is the philosophy behind having him as a placeholder?  why not just let klentak or servais be the interim?

Good question.

It's probably a safe bet that if the Angels do make a trade, Bill Stoneman will have very little to do with it.

Good question.

I would assume it's the discussion part of the trade. The two assistants tell Bill what they feel is a fair return for the prospects, Bill does the negotiations.

Dochalo, on 09 Jul 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:snapback.png

then what is the philosophy behind having him as a placeholder?  why not just let klentak or servais be the interim?

Doc -

I think Stoneman's role is to act as caretaker, Klentak and Servais will do the hefty lifting and Stoneman's job will be to facilitate between Scioscia and the front office...and maybe lean on Scioscia a little if need be re: the roster.

I think it's because the best course of action is to really sit down and figure out where the franchise is headed and you can't do that in the middle of the season. This isn't the Phillies where it doesn't matter when you bury it...the cow is already dead. I also read that they didn't necessarily want to promote a Dipoto hire right after he left because of the optics. The Angels are competing for the playoffs and you can't do a thorough review of where the franchise is in that situation.

The results of this season are going to go a long way towards the future of this franchise. The more I think about it the more I think that yes, Arte and Scioscia are two difficult people to work between and Scioscia absolutely has more power than most managers and Arte is actively involved....but that's the job. Dipoto has done some good things, and he's had some huge misses...and in another situation that is better suited to him he might do a fabulous job...but it's pretty clear he wasn't the right GM for this job which required him to manage the people above him, and below him. Who knows...maybe just like the Yankees needed someone like Cashman to keep Steinbrenner in check that's what the Angels need.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that we have a thread titled, "Can we trust Bill Stoneman" written by someone that claims he has inside knowledge and or has ties to scouting. This thread is simply disrespectful, especially coming from where it has come from. Now I am sure I will get blasted by not only Scotty, but others for censorship or being a "company man", but give me a break. Now if Arte or Scioscia named themselves GM then I would get it, but someone with Stoneman's resume, it's incredibly stupid to question whether or not we can trust him. Oh and in before VariousCrap lets us know that Scioscia is actually the acting GM.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that we have a thread titled, "Can we trust Bill Stoneman" written by someone that claims he has inside knowledge and or has ties to scouting. This thread is simply disrespectful, especially coming from where it has come from. Now I am sure I will get blasted by not only Scotty, but others for censorship or being a "company man", but give me a break. Now if Arte or Scioscia named themselves GM then I would get it, but someone with Stoneman's resume, it's incredibly stupid to question whether or not we can trust him. Oh and in before VariousCrap lets us know that Scioscia is actually the acting GM.

just for the laughs and the fireworks id love it if arte named himself GM, and started wearing a bunch of war medals he didnt earn like some dictator. It would be worth is just to read what that gustavo arrellano giy had to say about it