• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SCOTUS: Same Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

Juan Savage revealed:

Moonraker-movie-04.jpg

So, then it's an important issue for you. You're criticizing people for caring about the issue and then disqualify people who disagree with you. 

I asked how any rule for marriage would affect you or society. You answered with you're OK with this, but, assumedly not with something else. Why have any rules at all? What is the purpose of allowing this grouping to marry, but not that grouping? Once you have a rule, you exclude. According to you, exclusion is bigotry. 

I'm not "disqualifying" people who disagree with me. What are you talking about? Who and how am I disqualifying anyone? And from what?

And yes, I will draw the line at some forms of marriage - of course. You seem to think all liberals are radical moral relativists. That said, I'm open to a wide diversity of possible marriages - but let's talk about the here and now, which is gay marriage - not "woman and dildo marriage."

The point with marriage is that it includes certain rights and privileges which I feel should be extended to all citizens. You disagree; in fact, you think that gay people shouldn't be given the same rights as straight people. Think about that for a moment.

In case you guys didn't get that, saying that generalizations and assumptions are inherently invalid or not useful in a discussion is so dumb that I have to assume that it's merely a diversion tactic.

Not quite. The question isn't whether to use generalizations or whether to assume. The question is whether the generalizations and assumptions are useful and/or valid. I was actually making fun of people who think you can discuss any aspect of society without generalizations. Assumptions as well, can be divided into good and bad ones. If I see a man walking into a titty bar, I assume he likes titties and not just that he's very thirsty.

Let me leave this discussion with this hypothetical. 

MT Angels fan and I are sent to colonize two different planets. MT doesn't want to be a bigot so he picks the 1000 people, regardless of sex, and tells them that they can marry anybody or however many people they want. 

I select 500 women and 500 men (like on Moonraker). I further encourage men and women to marry by privileging relationships between men and women. 

Fast forward two thousand years. 

You're dead body is found in a lifeboat floating aimlessly in space while your ship, piloted by Mr Christian, was wrecked on the planet Pitcairn. There is but one survivor of the mission to repopulate another planet. It stalls out when he has only one son and he decides he is gay.

Meanwhile MT finds a fabulous planet that has gorgeous sunsets for long walks on white sandy beaches, where every rain has a rainbow and they populate the planet with absolutely wonderful children and post their spiritual and intellectual growth on facebook to thousands of likes. The downside is the only sport is soccer.

The reason for the colony analogy is my belief echoed by some famous guy who said, "there's a lot of ruin in a nation," that dumb ideas are masked by a nation's wealth and cultural capital.

If you talk to people from poor countries as I do, they'd agree that it's easier for a lady to act irresponsibly when there's a welfare system to back up your lack of foresight.

It's easy for a rich state like California to have dumb leadership.

Edited by Juan Savage

One planet finds its inhabitants living in a utopia while the other finds them marrying lawnmowers and furniture and eating only paste and feces.

I figure one planet is filled with people getting married if they wanted to and having sex if they wanted to and proceated if they could while the other planet is filled with people getting married if they wanted to, having sex if they wanted to, and procreated if they could. A big difference between the two I know, but it just might be what happens...

The reason for the colony analogy is my belief echoed by some famous guy who said, "there's a lot of ruin in a nation," that dumb ideas are masked by a nation's wealth and cultural capital.

If you talk to people from poor countries as I do, they'd agree that it's easier for a lady to act irresponsibly when there's a welfare system to back up your lack of foresight.

It's easy for a rich state like California to have dumb leadership.

So you're saying there's no part 2?

You're dead body is found in a lifeboat floating aimlessly in space while your ship, piloted by Mr Christian, was wrecked on the planet Pitcairn. There is but one survivor of the mission to repopulate another planet. It stalls out when he has only one son and he decides he is gay.

Meanwhile MT finds a fabulous planet that has gorgeous sunsets for long walks on white sandy beaches, where every rain has a rainbow and they populate the planet with absolutely wonderful children and post their spiritual and intellectual growth on facebook to thousands of likes. The downside is the only sport is soccer.

Rainbows, sweet!

Let me leave this discussion with this hypothetical. 

MT Angels fan and I are sent to colonize two different planets. MT doesn't want to be a bigot so he picks the 1000 people, regardless of sex, and tells them that they can marry anybody or however many people they want. 

I select 500 women and 500 men (like on Moonraker). I further encourage men and women to marry by privileging relationships between men and women. 

Fast forward two thousand years. 

I don't know what your trying to prove here but I'll throw my two cents anyway.

1. Rather than 500 women and 500 men, your probably better off with a 2:1 or even 3:1 female to male ratio.  

2. Since when has MT not wanted to be a bigot?  (Bad joke, I know)

Wow. This is almost brilliant in how completely opposite of reality it is, sort of like the worst of Fox News ranters.

Anyhow, please tell me how legal gay marriage impacts your life in any way, and/or negatively impacts American society in any way.

I already answered this. Just a couple of pages back. I asked a similar question and it went unanswered. 

Let's follow your logic, such as it is: 

Marriage should be expanded to whatever an individual thinks it should be, until a particular type of marriage impacts somebody not in that marriage. Is that your argument? 

Now, in Juan's fantasy...is he on a ship full of gay men...or does he have to search through the population to find them?

This is rich. I am far and away the most heterosexual man on this forum. The closest I've ever come to a gay thought was when I almost bought a Rav 4. I ended up buying a Chevy, the most masculine car brand on the planet. 

I don't know what your trying to prove here but I'll throw my two cents anyway.

1. Rather than 500 women and 500 men, your probably better off with a 2:1 or even 3:1 female to male ratio.  

2. Since when has MT not wanted to be a bigot?  (Bad joke, I know)

I'd say my society would be much better for children, for starters.