• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SCOTUS: Same Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

Of the issues you mentioned, poverty and violence are directly related to marriage. Overpopulation is not a real issue, although underpopulation is in the first world, where the lack of children is a severe economic and cultural problem. That also has to do with marriage. Climate change is not a real issue except as a way to push another agenda. So, pretty much there's no more important issue than marriage.

It still boggles my mind that some people, presumably mainly for religious reasons, care about gay marriage. It is such a non-issue. Who cares? There are so many more important issues - poverty, violence, over-population, climate change, energy, etc.

although underpopulation is in the first world, where the lack of children is a severe economic and cultural problem.

Well then thankfully as a first world country we get plenty of immigration (legal and otherwise)  to off-set any of your under population concerns.  

Of the issues you mentioned, poverty and violence are directly related to marriage. Overpopulation is not a real issue, although underpopulation is in the first world, where the lack of children is a severe economic and cultural problem. That also has to do with marriage. Climate change is not a real issue except as a way to push another agenda. So, pretty much there's no more important issue than marriage.

Wow. This is almost brilliant in how completely opposite of reality it is, sort of like the worst of Fox News ranters.

Anyhow, please tell me how legal gay marriage impacts your life in any way, and/or negatively impacts American society in any way.

overpopulation is not a problem?

sorry juan, you lost me on that one.

Overpopulation isn't a problem. I suppose it's easy to say that people with problems wouldn't have problems if they didn't exist, but the cause of their problems isn't overpopulation, it's most often the political situation. 

Second, in the rich world, of which we are a part, the problem is decreasing population. It's the cause of the retirement system and immigration problems in Europe and is one of the main reasons Japan is declining economically. It's also a looming problem for China, Korea, etc. This is a problem the governments have recognized and why they've encouraged larger families. 

http://theweek.com/articles/453219/everything-need-know-about-japans-population-crisis

Wow. This is almost brilliant in how completely opposite of reality it is, sort of like the worst of Fox News ranters.

Anyhow, please tell me how legal gay marriage impacts your life in any way, and/or negatively impacts American society in any way.

I don't want to start this again, but: 

How it impacts me: 

I am part of the culture. When the culture moves from relationships based on biological reality and purpose to one based on emotion and benefits (benefits that used to serve a purpose), it becomes harder to impart those values on one's children, etc. It also becomes harder or illegal to hold traditional beliefs in marriage. 

How it impacts my society: 

We've seen that non-traditional attitudes towards marriage result in, surprise, less marriage. People who hold the view that marriage is just another level of boyfriend or for medical benefits are less keen on marrying. We now have whole societies that are in what people are calling  "post-marriage." This has a profound impact on children and society. 

To counter this, I see NO benefit whatsoever to society for letting people of the same sex "marry."

I answered the question. Now, a question for you and I hope you answer the question as directly as I did: 

How does multiple partner marriage, transhuman marriage, and inanimate object marriage affect you or society?