• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SCOTUS: Same Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

Wait, what?

The 14th amendment says that people have equal protection under the law.that means there can't be a law that says Dodger fans can't vote or own property (one way around was "separate but equal" which the SC said was OK until they overturned it,like they'll overturn this one day.another way around was the poll tax).

The 14th amendment was written to protect newly freed slaves. The moron wing of the SC just said that the 14th amendment means that dudes can marry each other.

The 14th amendment says that people have equal protection under the law.that means there can't be a law that says Dodger fans can't vote or own property (one way around was "separate but equal" which the SC said was OK until they overturned it,like they'll overturn this one day.another way around was the poll tax).

The 14th amendment was written to protect newly freed slaves. The moron wing of the SC just said that the 14th amendment means that dudes can marry each other.

I'm a detail guy so I tend to read actual words and not try to decipher intent. The only mention of slaves in the 14th amendment is to say that the government would not pay losses to former slave owners. The use of terms like "no person" tells me that it was written for all people under its jurisdiction. Edited by arch stanton

I'm a detail guy so I tend to read actual words and not try to decipher intent. The only mention of slaves in the 14th amendment is to say that the government would not pay losses to former slave owners. The use of terms like "no person" tells me that it was written for all people under its jurisdiction.

Why did people write the 14th amendment? Was it for marriage? This isn't speculation. People actually said why.

Of course, I bet you're a little more lax on context when it comes to the term "militia."

As it relates to the topic at hand?   Militia = gay dance troop.

You know what, my apologies.  The word gay was unnecessary there. 

Uh, yeah. The people who wanted to protect slaves after the civil war wanted gay marriage.

No stats again!  You have it wrong though.  Right after the civil war I wanted gay marriage but then to make my bitch a slave.  Still have him in leather in a box in the basement. 

No stats again!  You have it wrong though.  Right after the civil war I wanted gay marriage but then to make my bitch a slave.  Still have him in leather in a box in the basement.

hey everyone, i found Stamm!

What stats are needed? People argued for the ammendment after the Civil War and their arguments weren't based on two dudes marrying. The other slavery ammendment said that people born in the US are automatically citizens. It was intended to ensure that slaves weren't denied citizenship.

• 1 month later...