• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SCOTUS: Same Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

Alright guys. We went through this again. Let me summarize the arguments: 

Pro- allowing same sex marriage: They asked for it and I don't really care. it doesn't bother me. I don't care about the effect on society or children or whatever. I like being on the side with the cool people and it makes me feel good not telling people they can't do this. If somebody else asks for something and they're cool and I like the people, I'll change that too because I really don't have a reason for saying it's this or that (have you ever read something that says that marriage is any two people because of this or any rational argument for what marriage is, from people of this opinion? Think about it). If I feel something is icky, I'll make something up.  You're an ignorant hater. You shouldn't even care about this, but if you disagree with me, I'll never support you. 

Anti: This particular definition makes sense for this reason based on nature. It doesn't make sense based on any other reason. It benefits society in this and that way and its redefinition will harm in this way. 

Edited by Juan Savage

I explained (like that would do any good) that sometimes our vast wealth and the fact that we do have a reservoir of tradition from which we can depend on for the time being softens the blow of really stupid things. 

If you were to start a society, you'd start off with the chaos of people grouping themselves based purely on emotion? How would the children fare with multiple, constantly changing parents who may or may not be related to them? Would that be an improvement? Would men and women mix more (not a guaranteed thing) or less in your system? Who'd have responsibility for whom? 

Again, I don't see what your hypothetical about starting a society has to do with the society we live in. They are two completely different situations. I mean, of course if we were planning to send a spaceship out to colonize another planet it would be populated to maximize growth potential and genetic health. But that isn't the situation are in today, on planet Earth in the US of A in 2015.

This whole hypothetical is a total red herring.

Couldn't the "I don't see any reason (I feel like it)" argument be applied to anything? It's not really an argument. 

"I don't see any reason why ... can't have some recognition by the state. "

Oh, well, if you don't see a reason, let's do it!

That's not what I was saying. I see no rational reason to prohibit gay marriage. All the reasons to prohibit gay marriage that I've seen are rooted in religion and/or homophobia. In other words, "Because I don't like it!"

Being against gay marriage usually boils down to "It makes me feel iffy so it should be illegal."

Get over your iffiness, Juan.

You're dead body is found in a lifeboat floating aimlessly in space while your ship, piloted by Mr Christian, was wrecked on the planet Pitcairn. There is but one survivor of the mission to repopulate another planet. It stalls out when he has only one son and he decides he is gay.

Meanwhile MT finds a fabulous planet that has gorgeous sunsets for long walks on white sandy beaches, where every rain has a rainbow and they populate the planet with absolutely wonderful children and post their spiritual and intellectual growth on facebook to thousands of likes. The downside is the only sport is soccer.

i'm giving you extra credit points for mentioning Pitcairn island and mr. Christian.

btw, seventh day adventists have a long history with Pitcairn. we like that little island. 

This is rich. I am far and away the most heterosexual man on this forum. The closest I've ever come to a gay thought was when I almost bought a Rav 4. I ended up buying a Chevy, the most masculine car brand on the planet. 

Chevy, known for being manly... and some of the worst manufactured vehicles on the planet!

This is rich. I am far and away the most heterosexual man on this forum. The closest I've ever come to a gay thought was when I almost bought a Rav 4. I ended up buying a Chevy, the most masculine car brand on the planet. 

This just confirms that you have had more cock then the best egg producing hen on the farm. 

My brother is a mechanic (teaches auto mechanics in addition to being an expert at building, concrete, electrical, plumbing, and anything else to do with the non-sexual use of hands). At the risk of ruffling feathers, he says that the German luxury models are the worst designed popular cars for maintenance (Bought my wife a used BMW and he loves to complain about it). GM taken some short cuts recently, especially in the use of plastic parts. I think the Japanese brands are the best as far as maintenance and if I had money, I'd probably buy a Lexus GS or Infinity. I would not get a RAV4 unless it was accompanied by a change to Juanita Savage. 

No. Europeans forfeited their privileges by inventing techno.

Still, I do think considering the laws for a nascent civ is a useful exercise. People would probably be befuddled why the state cares about something called marriage without explaining some purpose to it.

Isn't it obvious that the only reason for gay marriage is to ape trad marriage?

I won't post here anymore unless there's a specific question for me.

Well, just wait.

When women realize they can marry gay dudes and get all the emotional support, the home decorating input, the shopping buddy and the personal hygiene that us breeder boys lack, things will change.

It's really just a matter of time.

maybe that's what peyt's mom needs to do. just find herself some big queen and settle down.