• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Blogger melts down over Josh Hamilton

That said, to answer your question, AngelsWin.com was issued press credentials back in 2009 because of the quality of our content, stand-up writers and history of being a fan friendly, team supporting web site. We were also chosen to Blog for USA Today during the '09 playoffs, among several radio appearances and national/international recognition of AngelsWin.com.... this upset members from their blog (as if you can only be on one site?!?!?) so as the haters went on hating, Halos Heaven members and their fearless leader went Chuck/AW bashing on their blog. Anyhow, that's the gist of it. 

Like I said though, I have no energy or interest in engaging in Blog wars anymore. 

That was 2009?? Damn doesn't feel that long ago

I guess we're the "other" website he calls a bootlicking booster club. lol

Sucks that we're not even a David in his Goliath analogy. We must have done so many things wrong over the years. 

I first heard about angelswin.com back when I was lurking/occassionly posting on the ESPN Angels boards and started to come to the site as I grew more disillusioned with the trolls/negativity.  I remember reading some of the half-hinged screeds that would be posted hourly by supposed "Fans"and thinking to myself "These can't be adults...they're either 12 year olds or Bedlam's re-opened with internet access". 

In the past I've compared this site to an unchecked Id but the Id of a sane person.  Its a place were adults discuss a kids game with enthusiam and emotion that can border on irrational but this is a safe place to that because you're rarely judged.  The mods are less like totalitarian enforcers and more like refs that keep "the game" in bounds.  Its judicious, fair and repsectful without being obsequious which is why I think its embraced by both fans and Angels brass.  Also, since most everyone here appears pretty damn rational its easier to spot the trolls which allows them to be isolated, ridiculed and observed from a distance, as they should be.  

HalosHaven reminds me of bands I used to know when I played who would get disgruntled (read: jealous) of others when they found a bit of success.  The thought was "If they are succeeding, they are selling out because they are not succeeding in the proper way...our way, which we deemed appropriate and correct".  Who the hell needs that kind of negativity?  Its poisoness and insidious...and it appears their reputation is well deserved. 

Some of the blog comments are priceless.

Is he preparing for a role as Beaker in some kind of live-action Muppets Broadway play?

Today is the first day of the rest of your life and you used it to announce to the world that nothing will ever be your fault.”

A take so hot it set his hair ablaze.

Mat Gleason apologized for an unspeakable act against me back in 2009 (which I still haven't made public) so I no longer have any ill will toward this guy or his website or members. It's quite the relief. I don't go there and I doubt he reads our stuff, but we're not on any bad terms as far as I know right now. His blog spoke what we all felt toward Hamilton minus the death part, which I'm sure Rev Halofan regrets posting (or at least I hope he does). 

That said, to answer your question, AngelsWin.com was issued press credentials back in 2009 because of the quality of our content, stand-up writers and history of being a fan friendly, team supporting web site. We were also chosen to Blog for USA Today during the '09 playoffs, among several radio appearances and national/international recognition of AngelsWin.com.... this upset members from their blog (as if you can only be on one site?!?!?) so as the haters went on hating, Halos Heaven members and their fearless leader went Chuck/AW bashing on their blog. Anyhow, that's the gist of it. 

Like I said though, I have no energy or interest in engaging in Blog wars anymore. 

I used to post on the yahoo message board site a long time ago. I remember Victorious Ghost used to post there and spoke highly about AW which led me to check this site out, especially after the yahoo boards went away. I actually went to both this and HalosHeaven. It didn't take me very long to realize how much better AW was/is. So thank you Chuck for creating this site.....

and posting threads about Marcus Mariota on the main forum.

I used to post on the yahoo message board site a long time ago. I remember Victorious Ghost used to post there and spoke highly about AW which led me to check this site out, especially after the yahoo boards went away. I actually went to both this and HalosHeaven. It didn't take me very long to realize how much better AW was/is. So thank you Chuck for creating this site.....

and posting threads about Marcus Mariota on the main forum.

Good deal. I like to  hear stories like this. Thank you HH! 

You should come up to a Mariners vs. Angels game sometime this summer. We'll get a beer together.