• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Blogger melts down over Josh Hamilton

What a schmuck.

I'll never understand why people take sports or aspects of sports so personal to get that enraged.

Such a tool.

I ask myself the same thing when I hear about stadium fights and people being assaulted in parking lots.

If you take professional sports personally, you're an idiot.

Edited by Richard

http://blog.sbnation.com/2015/4/28/8509439/regarding-our-editorial-standards

We took the post down and we have mutually agreed to part ways with the blogger in question. We thank him for his years of service to his community and look forward to opening a new chapter at that blog. We in no way endorse the post. We realize that this could happen again in the future and we will always act when that line is crossed.

- Tyler Bleszinski, Founder, SB Nation/Vox Media

He gone

Edited by bloodbrother

Weak. I'm no Rev fan, but does anyone here think Hamilton doesn't stand a decent shot of pulling a Caminiti?

Even if he does and despite how much we dislike him, I would never wish death on another person unless that person took a life from one of my family members. 

Addiction is a serious thing and that's not why I have a problem with Hamilton. I have a problem with this dude because of his overall attitude the past year or so and his comments at his recent press conference. 

For God's sake, the guy greeted my wife and girls and signed their t-shirts and talked with us. He came across extremely genuine and nice. I wanted nothing but the best for him while in an Angels uniform and now, hope somehow, someday, this guy is repented and exercises humility for the way he conducted himself on and off the field while with the Angels. Until then, he's nothing more than a drug addict loser that takes no responsibility for his actions. 

Arte Moreno went all in, in good faith with Josh Hamilton and got burned. I respect Arte so much for ridding himself of this guy and showing the baseball world, the entire Angels roster of players, coaches and staff workers that you better earn your money while employed with the Angels, or you're out ... even if he has to honor the contract and shell out tons of $$$$ to rid himself of someone who didn't perform or show good work ethic, let alone spit on a handshake agreement and contract.

Josh didn't give the Angels two shits while he was here. If anything, he shit on Arte's couch and the fanbase's kitchen floor.

Good riddance! 

Name change was a bigger divide between fans.

This one really doesn't have the venom between fans (you and a small group excepted). 

The huge venom is between Arte and fans vs. the rest of the country.  The national press and the blogosphere is murdering Arte.

Agreed. It is amazing to read this board compared to bloggers/comments sections from national sites (like hardballtalk for instance). Completely different consensus. 

Addiction is a serious thing and that's not why I have a problem with Hamilton. I have a problem with this dude because of his overall attitude the past year or so and his comments at his recent press conference. 

Arte Moreno went all in, in good faith with Josh Hamilton and got burned. I respect Arte so much for ridding himself of this guy and showing the baseball world, the entire Angels roster of players, coaches and staff workers that you better earn your money while employed with the Angels, or you're out ... even if he has to honor the contract and shell out tons of $$$$ to rid himself of someone who didn't perform or show good work ethic, let alone spit on a handshake agreement and contract.

Josh didn't give the Angels two shits while he was here. If anything, he shit on Arte's couch and the fanbase's kitchen floor.

Good riddance! 

+1

The entire reason the site that I write for (MWAH) exists is due to Halos Heaven. We exist to provide the necessary alternative to the hateful articles and even worse commentary you get from that site. It can't be filth, but it also can't be sunshine and rainbows. You offer a view that's honest and propose a solution.

To be honest, I came to AW just for the sake of comparing it to HH, to see if this is what happens to major sites, an infestation of all that is negative. But where HH devolved into a perpetual state if sorrow, I saw AW cleanse itself of such muck. The populous here, (sarcastic in nature as it is) tends to not accept such hatred spewed forth, whereas the folks at HH by and large craved it and fed off of it.

It's a reflection of who is in charge. Chuck and everyone else does a great job at keeping it clean and appropriate while also laid back and fun.

I enjoy writing for MWAH, attending minor league games and tweeting, but AW is the place where my small commentary finds a home. Good natured ribbing, not sociopathic threats.

And I'm GLAD this happened to HH. Now perhaps they have the opportunity to clean up their act and forge a new path. That won't happen without first eliminating the filth that inhabits that board though. Gleason was the biggest turd, but there are still quite a few more to get a handle over before that site becomes a respectable place to inhabit again. The entire environment that's been fostered through that insanity has to change before HH itself can be anything more than a laughing stock.

Edited by ScottyA_MWAH

This guy crossed the line, but while he has his first amendment right to free speech, he is not immune to the consequences of that action. I hate that his despicable "blogging" is being used to characterize Angels fandom in the national media. 

As to Hamilton, while I understand that he is an addict, and felt that he needed to be in a place that was the most comfortable for him to continue in his quest to stay drug and alcohol free, he also wants to play baseball. He signed a contract over two years ago and you should always live up to the terms of your contract. Seeing various figures that he gave money back is great, except, he only gave back a portion of the overall contract, sticking his now division rival with a huge financial burden over the next three seasons. I don't like that he orchestrated this trade (He sent them video of him swinging the bat in March allegedly). That's tampering. 

He won't be the first athlete to force a trade, but to me, you sign a contract means you fulfill that contract. I don't like holdouts for more money, I don't like athletes who force trades, regardless of their addiction status.

And Rev is not wrong about high profile addicts eventually being the cause of their own demise. He was pretty morbid, but the list of recovering addicts who are still successful versus the ones who end up six feet under isn't exactly a even comparison. I can only think of one of two recovering addicts who are at the top of any public field, Robert Downey Jr. being the one I think of first. Compare that to the list of high profile addicts who have ended up overdosing just in the last few years and the odds are certainly against Hamilton.

He probably should've retired, kept out of the spotlight. But that isn't going to happen with $80 Million on the table. 

Why do people at Halos Heaven hate Angels Win?

Mat Gleason apologized for an unspeakable act against me back in 2009 (which I still haven't made public) so I no longer have any ill will toward this guy or his website or members. It's quite the relief. I don't go there and I doubt he reads our stuff, but we're not on any bad terms as far as I know right now. His blog spoke what we all felt toward Hamilton minus the death part, which I'm sure Rev Halofan regrets posting (or at least I hope he does). 

That said, to answer your question, AngelsWin.com was issued press credentials back in 2009 because of the quality of our content, stand-up writers and history of being a fan friendly, team supporting web site. We were also chosen to Blog for USA Today during the '09 playoffs, among several radio appearances and national/international recognition of AngelsWin.com.... this upset members from their blog (as if you can only be on one site?!?!?) so as the haters went on hating, Halos Heaven members and their fearless leader went Chuck/AW bashing on their blog. Anyhow, that's the gist of it. 

Like I said though, I have no energy or interest in engaging in Blog wars anymore.