• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

This week, Canada’s Wonderland theme park, located in Vaughan, Ontario, will unveil its Yukon Striker ride.

Attention adrenaline junkies: There’s a new roller coaster in Canada made just for you.

This week, Canada’s Wonderland theme park, located in Vaughan, Ontario, will unveil its Yukon Striker roller coaster ride — but this isn’t any old up-and-down coaster. Rather, it’s the tallest, fastest, and longest dive coaster in the world.

Seriously, if you have a weak stomach, this roller coaster may not be for you: As Huffington Post noted, it hits speeds of 80 mph, stretches for a staggering 3,625 feet, and soars to 245 feet. It even includes an underground section as well as four inversions as part of the 3-minute, 25-second ride.

“At its summit, you’ll experience three seconds of complete exhilaration as you stare directly down 245 feet at 90 degrees into an underwater tunnel,” Norm Pirtovshek, general manager of Canada’s Wonderland, said in a press release.

To add to the rush, Pirtovshek noted, the roller coaster also comes with floorless trains, meaning your feet dangle from the car as you fly through the air. And, this coaster comes with a truly fantastic backstory courtesy of Canada’s Wonderland.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/canadian-theme-park-roller-coaster-tallest-fastest-longest-dive

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Namath hasn’t had a drink since his embarrassing moment on live TV

More than 15 years ago, Hall of Fame Jets quarterback Joe Namath made a drunken pass at ESPN’s Suzy Kolber on live TV during a game involving his former team. Namath claims in a new autobiography that he hasn’t had a drink since that night.

I saw it as a blessing in disguise,” Namath writes, via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com. “I had embarrassed my friends and family and could not escape that feeling. I haven’t had a drink since.”

Namath called alcohol “Slick,” and he has spent years resisting him.

“Every now and then Slick whispers, but having a name for him makes me listen to him differently,” Namath writes. “And, health-wise, I’d probably be dead by now if I hadn’t stopped drinking.”

Namath began drinking in his 20s, and he eventually overcame it.

“The drinking was what would kick my butt for a long time,” Namath writes. “I believe any of us can be brought to our knees whether from physical or emotional pain. Over the years, I learned how fragile we humans can be. Emotionally, I used that as an excuse to start drinking again. . . . I would drink all day sometimes.”

Others who struggle with addiction should use Namath’s example as an inspiration that sobriety can be achieved, and sustained.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 4:54 AM, Redondo said:

Funnyman Artie Lange provided a heavy reminder of the effects of drug abuse.

The comedian took to Twitter on Tuesday to share a selfie showing his collapsed nose with a somber message describing his prolonged usage of hard drugs.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/artie-lange-shares-picture-of-hideously-deformed-nose-due-to-decades-of-drug-abuse

It’s getting worse. This guy is going to die soon.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/artie-lange-nose/

• 2 weeks later...

Infinity London will reportedly be the world's first 360-degree infinity pool, atop a 55-story building in the city, according to designers Compass Pools. The pool could start construction as early as 2020, the company announced. However, people on social media were confused about how swimmers will enter the pool. 

Infinity London will reportedly be the world's first 360-degree infinity pool, atop a 55-story building in the city, according to designers Compass Pools. The pool could start construction as early as 2020, the company announced. However, people on social media were confused about how swimmers will enter the pool. 

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/first-360-degree-infinity-pool-confuses-social-media

“We faced some quite major technical challenges to this building, the biggest one being how to actually get into the pool,” he said in the release. “Normally a simple ladder would suffice, but we didn’t want stairs on the outside of the building or in the pool as it would spoil the view – and obviously you don’t want 600,000 litres of water draining through the building either.”

“The solution is based on the door of a submarine, coupled with a rotating spiral staircase which rises from the pool floor when someone wants to get in or out – the absolute cutting edge of swimming pool and building design and a little bit James Bond to boot,” he added.

i'm having a hard time picturing what this will look like.

• 2 weeks later...

Lexus Stagg, 26, was charged with criminally negligent homicide in connection with the June 11 death of her son, authorities say. (Houston Police Department)

Mom driving SUV in game of 'chicken' strikes, kills 3-year-old son, cops say

It's a case that has left authorities in Texas shaking their heads.

Authorities say a Houston woman behind the wheel of an SUV on June 11 struck and killed her 3-year-old son while apparently engaging the child and his siblings in a game of "chicken."

Harris County prosecutors say surveillance video from a nearby apartment complex shows Lexus Stagg, 26, driving a Lincoln Navigator back and forth as her three young children try to avoid being hit.

But at one point the 3-year-old is struck. He died later at a hospital, according to authorities.

"You should be playing Peek-A-Boo with a three-year-old instead of forcing him to try and dodge a 5,600-pound deadly weapon," Harris County District Attorney's Office Vehicular Crimes Chief Sean Teare said, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Authorities say Stagg was charged with criminally negligent homicide in connection with the child's death.

If convicted, Stagg faces 10 years in prison, the Chronicle reported

• 2 weeks later...

Loud flatulence gives away suspect's hiding spot, Missouri police say

Missouri law enforcement was able to “sniff out” the location of a person wanted for a controlled substance over the weekend after the suspect passed gas so loudly that it gave up his or her hiding spot, officials said.

The Clay County Sherriff’s department posted on Facebook to share how flatulence played a role in the arrest outside the City of Liberty, Mo.

“If you’ve got a felony warrant for your arrest, the cops are looking for you and you pass gas so loud it gives up your hiding spot, you’re definitely having a ? day. ? #ItHappened,” the sheriff’s office said. The department posted a photo of officers using police dogs in a wooded area as part of their search.

Dramatic video shows dozens looting Walgreens, police say

Philadelphia police have released surveillance video showing a large group of young people running into a Walgreens store and causing thousands of dollars in damage last week.

Investigators say the South Philadelphia incident happened at around 10 p.m. on Thursday and involved a large group of men and women who “look like teens."

The group "stormed the Walgreens store" and "ran around knocking items off of the shelves," according to police. The video captured three men running through an aisle, knocking makeup off store shelves. Another camera angle captured a larger group knocking other items off shelves.

“Some members in the group threw merchandise at store employees, resulting in injuries,” police said.

The video released by police showed one boy grabbing items off of racks near the checkout counter and throwing the items at employees.

Some people in the group can be seen filming the incident on their cell phones. The group is also seen running out of the store with items in their hands, including soft drinks and snacks.

At least one person in the group covered his face as he entered and left the store.

A cashier was hit in the head with a glass bottle when he tried to intervene, WPVI reported.

"About 60 juveniles walked into the establishment and began removing things from the shelves, destroying property inside the store,” Philadelphia Police Captain Sekou Kinebrew told the television station.  “The cashier attempted to intervene and some heavy item - I believe it was a bottle - was thrown at him, striking him in the head."

Kinebrew added that the value of the stolen merchandise and the damage to the store totaled between $6,000 and $7,000.

The injured clerk has been treated and released with cuts and bruises to his head, the station reported.

Philadelphia police told Fox News none of the suspects have been arrested and asked anyone with information to call the police department.

NY rail worker who made $280G skipping work to get full pension: report

Raymond Murphy, a foreman with the LIRR’s Buildings and Bridges department who’d been at the agency since 1996, was caught by the MTA’s Inspector General at or near his home on 10 occasions when he was on duty in April, May and June 2018, the Aug. 8 report says.

But he says he has nothing to apologize for.

“I’m retired now and that’s all I have to say,” Murphy said at his East Northport home Tuesday morning.

His wife then emerged from the house insisting he’s a “hardworking, honest guy” and griping about all the late hours he put in.

“If they hired enough guys and trained them to do the job, they wouldn’t have had to call him at all hours to go to work!” she said.

Murphy was one of the top earners in the whole MTA in 2017 — making a jaw-dropping $405,021, with $295,490 coming from overtime, according to data from government watchdog group the Empire Center.

6 hours ago, Redondo said:

Philadelphia police have released surveillance video showing a large group of young people running into a Walgreens store and causing thousands of dollars in damage last week.

Investigators say the South Philadelphia incident happened at around 10 p.m. on Thursday and involved a large group of men and women who “look like teens."

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

man, I hope this doesn't become a trend.

• 2 weeks later...

Teenagers push woman's broken down car more than five miles to her home

Three Canadian teenagers have become viral heroes after they helped out a woman whose car had broken down.

Aeron McQuillin, 18, Bailey Campbell, 17, and Billy Tarbett, 15, were out on a late-night Tim Hortons run when they noticed the Chevy Cobalt emitting smoke at a nearby intersection.

The trio pushed the car off the road and assessed the problem to be a leak that allowed engine coolant and oil to mix. After the driver told them she couldn't afford a tow truck and didn't want to wake up her roommate, they took the matter into their own hands to make sure the woman's car got to her destination.

“You boys ready for a push?," McQuillin said when recapping the story on his Facebook page.

McQuillin went home to grab some water and music speakers to get the group pumped up before they began to push the vehicle toward the driver's home, over five miles away.

Another bystander who happened upon the scene, Dan Morrison, drove behind the three teenagers in his Ford Escape, using his headlights to help illuminate the road during the trip.

The group faced plenty of obstacles during the two-hour journey, including a 900-foot high hill at the start of the push and a dead battery halfway through, Campbell told CNN. They had to recharge the battery before they could put the car back in neutral and continue.

They finally made it to the woman's home, where Campbell said the motorist was thankful and amazed for their act of kindness. Morrison told CNN he and the driver thought the teens were crazy to offer to push the vehicle so far.

"The next morning we all woke up to our phones blowing up with messages and Facebook notifications from total strangers, showing their appreciation and gratitude for our random act of kindness," said McQuillin. "On behalf of bailey [sic], billy [sic] and myself - thank you so much to everyone for the kind words and offers of gifts. We hope more people can learn from this situation and not be afraid to lend a helping hand to those in need."