• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man with unusual last name gets ‘Assman’ license plate request denied

If this sounds like a Seinfeld episode, that's because it was.

A Canadian license plate review committee has rejected a man’s request to personalize his license plate with his real name: “Assman,” because it could be misread and cause offense, according to a report.

Dave Assman, who lives in the Canadian province Saskatchewan, said he’s had his request denied before and doubts whether it’ll ever be granted.

Tyler McMurchy, a spokesman for the SGI, which reviews personalized license plate requests, said the committee must abide by a set of guidelines regardless if a word “is someone’s name and pronounced differently than the offensive version.”

[T]hat’s not something that would be apparent to other motorists who will wee the plate,” McMurchy said.

But the rejection hasn’t deterred Assman from changing his name, which he said is derived from German and pronounced “Oss-men,” CBC reported.

“It’s my last name, I’ve always had it,” he said. “I’m not ashamed of it. There’s nothing bad about it.”

2 hours ago, Keener said:

Poor Mr Assman.

We saw one in the late 90s near Anaheim that said 'Buttram'.  I dont know which is worse.

There was a street called Buttram in the city I grew up in.  Hard to find, because people kept stealing the sign.  Those who lived on the street called it Boo-Tram.  

On 2/8/2019 at 4:26 AM, Redondo said:

Man with unusual last name gets ‘Assman’ license plate request denied

“It’s my last name, I’ve always had it,” he said. “I’m not ashamed of it. There’s nothing bad about it.”

Would've been funny if he said instead, "I've always been an Assman..."

Owner Michael Aquilina known as AquaMike on Instagram has looked after the Albino Pinkbelly Sideneck at home in New Jersey, USA, since being sent her by his friend Gerard. (Credit: Caters News)

Pictures of a rare albino baby turtle have surfaced, exciting onlookers and marine life enthusiasts alike.

However, this tiny reptile, known as Hope, has one big distinction from most other albino turtles – its beating heart is outside of its body.

Hope's owner, Mike Aquilina, said that he looks after the tiny turtle at his home in New Jersey, after getting her from a breeder friend.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/albino-baby-turtle-born-with-heart-outside-its-body

An adorable albino turtle has gone viral as its heart beats out of its chest. Tiny Hope has such a rare condition that there isnt a name for it in veterinary medicine and is namedectopia cordis in humans. (Credit: Caters News) 

Tiny Hope has such a rare condition that there isnt a name for it in veterinary medicine and is namedectopia cordis in humans.

• 2 weeks later...
On February 18, 2019 at 5:09 PM, Redondo said:

Owner Michael Aquilina known as AquaMike on Instagram has looked after the Albino Pinkbelly Sideneck at home in New Jersey, USA, since being sent her by his friend Gerard. (Credit: Caters News)

Pictures of a rare albino baby turtle have surfaced, exciting onlookers and marine life enthusiasts alike.

However, this tiny reptile, known as Hope, has one big distinction from most other albino turtles – its beating heart is outside of its body.

Hope's owner, Mike Aquilina, said that he looks after the tiny turtle at his home in New Jersey, after getting her from a breeder friend.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/albino-baby-turtle-born-with-heart-outside-its-body

An adorable albino turtle has gone viral as its heart beats out of its chest. Tiny Hope has such a rare condition that there isnt a name for it in veterinary medicine and is namedectopia cordis in humans. (Credit: Caters News) 

Tiny Hope has such a rare condition that there isnt a name for it in veterinary medicine and is namedectopia cordis in humans.

perv 

Billionaire diamond trader dies during penis enhancement operation

A billionaire diamond trader has died during a penis enlargement operation at a posh Parisian clinic, it was reported.

Ehud Arye Laniado died at the age of 65 in the clinic of an unnamed plastic surgeon on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in the French capital.

According to local media, complications during surgery proved fatal for the Belgian-Israeli dual national and he suffered a heart attack when a substance was injected into his penis.

California man pulled over with more than $10G in stolen Disneyland merchandise, cops say

California authorities caught a thief who was stealing from the “happiest place on earth.”

California Highway Patrol officers said they recovered more than $10,000 worth of stolen Disneyland merchandise Friday after they pulled over a man who drove past a school bus with its red light flashing and stop sign displayed.

The man, who was not identified, was driving a Nissan Sentra when he was pulled over in Rosamond, police said. The officer discovered not only was the man driving with a suspended license, but he also had a slew of stolen merchandise and drugs on him.

• 2 weeks later...