• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weaver will be fine

Love Weaver but only way he's a life long Angel is if he retires after 2016. No way in hell would I want him back in 2017 when he's throwing 60 mph. Way too many guys will be available via FA and draft/trade in that time.

If he's throwing 60 MPH then, he probably will retire.

This thread proves that every player should hit free agency and squeeze every cent from the owners. There is no room for loyalty. And fans say the players are the selfish ones...

This. I dont fault those guys one bit fr chasing every cent. All in all its a short lived career with not a lot of backup options. Owners play hardball, fans are fickle, the media isnt your friend. Get all you can when its there

Why are people forgetting that he would have needed to throw a shutout in order to get the victory last night?  That's a lot to ask with an offense like Seattle's.

I don't judge pitchers by wins and losses for this exact reason. 

But either way Weaver didn't throw great.

I don't judge pitchers by wins and losses for this exact reason. 

But either way Weaver didn't throw great.

Well my point is, a loss is a loss.  If he allowed 10 runs or 2 runs, he still would have lost.  The offense did nothing to help him out. Is it Weavers fault that his team only scored 1 run? If they scored 5 runs, Weaver would have won.  Do you understand my point?

Well my point is, a loss is a loss.  If he allowed 10 runs or 2 runs, he still would have lost.  The offense did nothing to help him out. Is it Weavers fault that his team only scored 1 run? If they scored 5 runs, Weaver would have won.  Do you understand my point?

No one is blaming Weaver for the loss. But people are concerned about him going forward. Had he pitched a good game and only allowed 2 runs and still got the loss, this would be a moot conversation. But he didn't pitch a good game.

No. I don't think I understand your point. The way I'm interpreting it is that it didn't matter if Weaver was good or not yesterday. Which is true for yesterday but has nothing to do with the point of this thread which is how good a pitcher Weaver is and will be.

Yep.

The only major addition was an older Nelson Cruz. The same Nelson Cruz who was 0-4.

Other than Cruz, what has really changed?

C.J wilson lineup

A Jackson CF 4 0 0 0 0 1 12 .262 .313 .360 D Ackley LF 4 0 0 0 0 1 13 .248 .295 .394 R Cano 2B 3 0 0 0 1 1 19 .319 .386 .463 K Morales DH 2 0 0 0 1 0 15 .221 .269 .339
J Jones PR-DH
1 0 0 0 0 1 3 .252 .280 .313 K Seager 3B 3 0 0 0 0 2 11 .274 .342 .464 C Denorfia RF 2 0 0 0 1 1 11 .214 .282 .314 J Smoak 1B 3 0 1 0 0 0 8 .202 .276 .340 C Taylor SS 3 0 0 0 0 0 11 .287 .361 .361 J Sucre C

Weaver's lineup last night

Jackson CF 4 1 2 0 0 0 13 .500 .500 .750 S. Smith RF 3 1 3 2 0 0 13 1.000 1.000 2.333
a-Ruggiano PH-RF
0 0 0 0 1 0 6 .000 1.000 .000 Canó 2B 4 0 1 1 0 1 15 .250 .250 .250 Cruz DH 4 0 0 0 0 0 19 .000 .000 .000 Seager 3B 4 0 0 0 0 0 12 .000 .000 .000 Morrison 1B 4 0 1 0 0 0 14 .250 .250 .250 Zunino C 3 0 0 0 0 1 8 .000 .000 .000 Ackley LF 3 1 1 1 0 1 11 .333 .333 1.333 Miller SS

What was that about ONLY Nelson Cruz being different?

No. I don't think I understand your point. The way I'm interpreting it is that it didn't matter if Weaver was good or not yesterday. Which is true for yesterday but has nothing to do with the point of this thread which is how good a pitcher Weaver is and will be.

Take a look at other SP yesterday.  Weaver was not the only opening day pitcher that struggled. 

Other pitchers weren't throwing 81 mph fastballs belt high.

So? Did Greg Maddux need speed? There are pitchers out there that don't throw fast and still get the job done. Weaver gave up 4 runs on opening day.  It's not the end of the world. Garrett Richards was supposed to pitch but he isn't ready yet.  I have no idea why people are freaking out.

You conveniently neglected to recognize the "belt high" portion of my post. Maddux had some of the best control of any pitcher to have ever taken the mound. Weaver has very good control but has never shown anything on Maddux' level.

Also no one is "freaking out". People are concerned about Weaver going forward because he has been showing an incredibly steady decline for the past few years. So it isn't just one start.

This thread proves that every player should hit free agency and squeeze every cent from the owners. There is no room for loyalty. And fans say the players are the selfish ones...

Lol.

Yeah these guys are playing for the love of the game. 99.9% are trying to get as much money as they can.

So? Did Greg Maddux need speed? There are pitchers out there that don't throw fast and still get the job done. Weaver gave up 4 runs on opening day. It's not the end of the world. Garrett Richards was supposed to pitch but he isn't ready yet. I have no idea why people are freaking out.

And Maddux never went out there and consistently had an 83 MPH fastball. Weaver was rarely over 83 yesterday, now it could be that the TV radar gun was slower than reality, but if that is the case then Felix was throwing a ton of 97 MPH fastballs.