• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weaver will be fine

His velocity was up about 1mph tonight from his previous start.

His first 40 pitches or so, his fastball was 84-86

In the fourth inning, something weird happened.  His fastball velocity dropped by almost 2mph and he almost completely abandoned it going with almost all breaking balls.  

The other thing to note is even though his fastball velo is down this year, his other pitches are around the same as the last couple of years.  In fact, his changeup velo is up 1mph from last year making the differential from his fastball only about 5mph.  To me, that is the big difference.  The lack of speed differential from his fastball to his offspeed.  

no matter how you slice it, he hasn't been effective doing what he normally does.  

Talk about whatever you want. He'll end up on the DL with "tightness" long before he pitches out of the bullpen.

I thought about this while at the game tonight. 1 or 2 more of theses starts and he might end up with a DL stint. We'll see.

It's simple.

If Weaver gets his command back, he will indeed be fine.  If not, he's in trouble.

Same as last year. 

right cause throwing 83 mph "fastballs" with limited movement and having a speed differential of around 7 miles between his change and fastball has nothing to do with it.

really bro?

Weaver has never had pinpoint command btw, don't kid yourselves.

Edited by Poozy

that's not close to the average differential between his fast ball and his off speed stuff over any statistically significant number of innings pitched.

let me know when you are ready to discuss the issue like an adult.

lol you ****ing know we weren't talking about anything other than his past 2 starts. pretty low of you to throw that in there.

some adult you are.

even over the past 2 games, his speed differential wasn't 7 mph between his FB and offspeed stuff.

keep making up numbers, though.  it's cute. 

adults have said most of what needs to be said in this thread.  i put children on ignore.  later. 

pce