• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton will not be suspended: per DiGiovanna

I hope Cron and Joyce continue to mash.

Tim Mead did tell us that Josh will have to spend quite some time in the minors before coming back. That the way he finished last year, he needs to show he can be productive before the team puts him back in the lineup.

I'm guessing he won't play his first game for us until June the earliest.

“The issue of whether Josh Hamilton violated his treatment program was submitted to the Treatment Board established under Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The MLB representatives and the Players Association representatives on the Treatment Board deadlocked on that issue, with MLB taking the position that Hamilton violated his treatment program and is subject to discipline by the Commissioner. Under the procedures of the Program, an outside arbitrator was appointed to break the tie, and the arbitrator ruled that Josh Hamilton’s conduct did not violate his treatment program. As a result of that decision, the Office of the Commissioner is not permitted to suspend or impose any discipline on Hamilton. The Office of the Commissioner disagrees with the decision, and will seek to address deficiencies in the manner in which drugs of abuse are addressed under the Program in the collective bargaining process.”

this is unreal.  I would love to hear the reasoning behind justifying that he did not violate his treatment program.  

whatever it is, it's an amazing loophole.  

What kind of message does this send to other players now?

That it's OK to use illegal drugs as long as you confess to the league commish that you did so?

Pretty sure there isn't even one player who is going to interpet this as the message

I hope Cron and Joyce continue to mash.

Tim Mead did tell us that Josh will have to spend quite some time in the minors before coming back. That the way he finished last year, he needs to show he can be productive before the team puts him back in the lineup.

I'm guessing he won't play his first game for us until June the earliest.

Once he is cleared physically for play by the medical staff he only has to accept a minor league rehab assignment for 20 days before being activated on the 25 man roster.