• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rutledge the early favorite for 2B

Weaver, Shoe, Aybar, Calhoun, and the bullpen guys not named Jepsen, Santiago, and Morin were the only ones who truly even showed up for the ALDS. 

huh?  i thought mt said management won the team 98 games.  so according to mt, it was management who didn't show up for the alds.

hamilton shouldnt have played at all, and batting kendrick cleanup is just as bad.

Right.  Putting the guy who had been batting in the #4 spot since Sept. 5 and had put up a .403/.439/.610 slash line in that time is just a terrible idea...Howie was the main reason the offense was still scoring runs at the end of the season while Trout and Pujols slumped.

If they keep Featherston, it will be Featherston, Rutledge, Green. Green has an option, but can play left field or third in a pinch, but doesn't have much to gain from playing at AAA all year. If they don't keep Featherston, then you're looking at Rutledge and Green or Giavotella. Not both. 

I didn't get the bench right last year, I thought no way were they keeping Ian Stewart or McDonald. But then they traded Romine and the job was McDonalds. And they wanted a lefty corner bat. 

Now, I think since they have two left handed bats in the OF, plus CJ Cron as a backup 1st baseman, there is less of a need for a backup for 1st on this team. But they may still need a lefty. Conger switch hit, but they have all right handed Catchers now. 

Efren Navarro or Marc Krauss (not on the 40 man) are the only lefty OF options, and Navarro is a converted 1st baseman. 

Do they keep Navarro just because he's left handed? 

Also at SLC, there is no place to play a MINF with Stamets, Yarborough, and likely Baldoquin up sooner than late

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade involving a MINF. I kind of wish they hadn't traded Lindsey, but they needed Street.

• 2 months later...

You had to see that coming right? The Angels didn't trade Kendrick to put Heaney in AAA, they didn't trade their 7th inning option for Joyxe just to platoon him, they didn't trade their best RP prospect for Rutledge just to bury him on the depth chart.

It doesn't matter if we like the decisions or not, the Angels will start Rutledge at 2B, Joyce will bat against LHP and Heaney will be the 5th starter.

i agree