• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rutledge the early favorite for 2B

If I had to shortly summarize each...

1. Green - intriguing bat, athleticism. Serious defensive question marks.

2. Rutledge - Likely to hit for average and play adequate defense. Very little upside.

3. Giavotella - May hit for average and steal some bases. Athleticism may not transfer to the big leagues.

4. Featherston - Most talented, best defensive option. Not fully developed yet.

5. Yarbrough - Will hit for average and some pop. Adequate defense. Questionable patience, not fully developed yet.

If that were my group of options, I'd probably go with either Green or Featherston. But Rutledge and Giavotella shouldn't be discounted either.

The part that irks me is that the job will be handed to Rutledge, we know it will no matter what is reported and by no means has Rutledge earned the right to be handed a starting position on a World Series caliber team. He should be in competition for it though, he's earned that.

if you think he'll just be handed the job no matter what happens in the spring, then there really isn't anything to discuss. Why even worry about it?

Isn't OPS+ park adjusted so putting up an 83 in Anaheim I'd the same as doing it in Coors?

An 83+ OPS in Coors could translate to close to a .700 OPS. A .700 OPS in Anaheim is probably 95+.

An 83+ OPS in Anaheim is like a .640 OPS. Or complete crap.

These stats are based on my analysis of over 0 stats and based entirely on assumption and guessing.

An 83+ OPS in Coors could translate to close to a .700 OPS. A .700 OPS in Anaheim is probably 95+.

An 83+ OPS in Anaheim is like a .640 OPS. Or complete crap.

These stats are based on my analysis of over 0 stats and based entirely on assumption and guessing.

i agree