• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton Suspension Rumors/Speculations (post updates here)

Lou

Yes. Ethier doesn't hit for a lot of power, doesn't steal bases, and can't hit lefties. He's just a name people have heard of....Angels don't need him

Regarding the Hamilton decision...can't MLB just suspend him for a full year treating it as a 4th offense while they also have him get treatment? It's not an either or situation is it?

Edited by bloodbrother

The Angels saving all of Hamilton's contract for 2015 doesn't really help them all that much. It's not like they can sign any free agents at this point. I mean, it opens up more trade opportunities I suppose, but they still have to deplete the farm system to get anyone of value.

I think it's best to hope he gets the help he needs and is able to contribute in some form in 2015.

So if Hamilton is gone for the year his salary is gone for 2015. So it frees up 25-30m?

What good does it do the angels long term? I don't think any. Am I right? they will still owe him 60-70m over 2 seasons?

So with free agency passed. how do the angels use the free'd up money for 2015? A trade for a expiring contract ? But then we probably lose prospects.

Maybe they don't need to do anything; they should just hang onto that money or use it toward extensions on some of the key players they have now. Last year the team did just fine with the players it had, without Josh, and they have a lot of great players in ST this year. It isn't as though losing Josh, at the playing level he exhibited last season, is going to be a loss. There' s no need to bring in anyone else, IMHO.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

It's seeming more and more likely that the initial report of this being a serious/worse issue is an exaggeration.  I bet he only gets a 25 game suspension and will continued to be cuddled and treated like he is a victim and it's not his fault and that he never chose to snort coke or whatever he did and might still continue to do.  I also wouldn't be surprised if he is not suspended at all.  I've read articles that have this drug use as no big deal and that he just needs to get into treatment and that he should get as many chances as he needs as long as he doesn't go off the deep end and use everyday and make a habit of it.  Seems like snorting coke and whatever else he did shouldn't be a factor and that he is just "sick." It's not like he is a coke head and spends his millions supporting his drug habit.  Let him recover from surgery and come back and stink up the batters box while he earns 25 million a year.  That's the fair thing to do for poor ole Hamilton who just has absolutely no control over his actions.  The man deserves to be forgiven anytime he screws up and should never be held accountable for something out of his control. He was born this way. He can do whatever he wants to his body regardless of MLB's rules or the laws of the USA.  Just forget this whole thing happened and let the man play baseball with no consequences.  He is a special person and should be treated as such.

Edited by beatlesrule

I'm not sure how rehab would help someone who did coke a couple months ago and hasn't since. Unless he is physically addicted again and is doing it 5 times a day.

Maybe going to an addiction therapist once a week for the rest of his life would be a good idea.

Inpatient therapy isn't always for people who have relapsed or who are strung out and need to detox. Believe it or not many addicts who have long term sobriety find themselves in inpatient every once in a while to clear their head. Get away from the everyday life and get grounded again in their recovery. It's good for a person like Josh who is in the spotlight to do an inpatient program for at least 90 days which is standard. Just for him to get grounded again in his recovery. From there he should decide if he really wants to come back to baseball or if he'd rather focus on his family. Edited by SoCALkid

He is owed $18M in 2015 and 2016, $17.5M in 2017 and 2018, contract has a $17.5M vesting option with a $2M buyout at the end.

Panel locked on Josh Hamilton rehab

So according to this article Hamilton only admitted his relapse because he knew he would test positive.  There goes the argument that he actually was trying to do the right thing by coming forward with his relapse.  He only came forward because he was hoping to limit the inevitable consequences.

So according to this article Hamilton only admitted his relapse because he knew he would test positive. There goes the argument that he actually was trying to do the right thing by coming forward with his relapse. He only came forward because he was hoping to limit the inevitable consequences.

How many guys have tested positive for PEDs and still denied it?