• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jon Stewart retiring from the Daily Show

nate

Lewis Black never makes me laugh because his shtick overwhelms his material. He'd be a horrible choice. John Oliver is the obvious choice but there's no way he'd leave HBO this soon after starting there, especially with his show doing well. I think Chris Hardwick has to be in the running. Already on Comedy Central, has a podcast that shows he's a good interviewer, can handle comedy and serious stuff.

Lewis Black never makes me laugh because his shtick overwhelms his material. He'd be a horrible choice. John Oliver is the obvious choice but there's no way he'd leave HBO this soon after starting there, especially with his show doing well. I think Chris Hardwick has to be in the running. Already on Comedy Central, has a podcast that shows he's a good interviewer, can handle comedy and serious stuff.

Lewis Black was great in his limited role on the show. I'm with you. It would be brutal to see him every day.

I think maybe a non-baseball Point/Counterpoint...?

Yep. There's no way I could handle Black every day.

He's a FANTASTIC stand up, though. He's so good at bringing everything full circle. Of all the guys I've seen perform live, he and Chapelle were the best at bringing what I thought would be completely disparate items together.

We picked up tickets for a show Black did in Oakland up the day of the show and were two rows back. It was magical. You could see how much effort he puts into his shtick. Sweat was flying off of him like nobody's business.

He's incredibly intelligent and his delivery is so damned polished.

I wouldn't be shocked if he died on stage one day.

Chris Hardwick? Lol

The dude from Singled Out, Talking Dead, and some chick shit on E!?

Let's get real.

I liked the Stewart clips people post up, but couldn't sit through a whole show of his. I just don't find the obnoxious stuff funny....even his goodbye announcement had some weird contorted body language. Pretty smart dude though that made good points and could rationally go at it with business and world leaders.

Honestly, I rarely watched the interviews (or even most of the pre-filmed bits) on the Daily Show but I guess that's an important part of it.  

Yeah, Chris Hardwick.  Give the Nerdist podcast a listen, start out with his podcast with Gilbert Gottfried.  

I don't really watch the Daily Show, just the viral stuff.  Any every day show like that is exhausting.

I think Lewis Black is the best stand up comedian alive.  Then again I don't care for Louis CK, I find him to be a slightly more mature version of Dane Cook but everyone else worships him.

By the way, Tina Fey would absolutely kill it.  Not sure if she would be interested though.

Edited by nate

I don't know any rational person that will sit through an hour of Gilbert Godfried talking.

Fair enough.  Gilbert Gotfried = Lewis Black when it comes to delivery.  That said, Gilbert is solid on the roasts.  His delivery is perfect for them.