• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Belmont week. So many good races Fri and Sat. Justify is going DOWN! 

Sadly, I'm not even in the slightest interested.  Even with the triple crown on the line.  Haven't even looked at the horses since KD day, just some highlights.  But yeah, Justify is in trouble.  He won't be able to hang on that extra 2-3 furlongs.

4 hours ago, Adam said:

Belmont week. So many good races Fri and Sat. Justify is going DOWN! 

Usually one of the best weeks of racing, if not the best.(BC weekend aside) The Preakness was uninteresting enough that I still have my Derby money in my account.

Charts for the Met Mile??

Not so sure about Justify going down.

22 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Ruh roh!    Justify gets the #1 spot.  

Dare I say, Bravazo FTW?

20 hours ago, Adam said:

Post position doesn't matter going 12F at Belmont

If anything it helps. The shortest way around is along the rail. If he gets a comfortable trip on the inside he saves considerable ground.

Just now, Homebrewer said:

If anything it helps. The shortest way around is along the rail. If he gets a comfortable trip on the inside he saves considerable ground.

Good point, but again the key is having a comfortable trip.    Bravazo did close fast on him at the Preakness.

weather for Elmont, NY Sat 

Saturday
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Northeast wind around 6 mph.

I'd sure like to see a dry track for Justify, even though he's proven on off. I think that with good conditions we might see a Secretariat style runaway. If I'm Smith I give him his head early (top of the lane) and let him build an insurmountable lead before those grueling last furlongs. I've seen him gallop out in his works and think, with a clear lead against this group, he will cruise to the win.

Already have my Belmont ticket figured out and will bet it as soon a the pre-race wagering starts tomorrow.

4 horse trifecta box Justify, Hofburg, Vino Rosso, Tenfold. Will probably do it @ $2.00 which is $48 total.

Should the race go as I expect that should make enough profit to be worth the risk, but if it doesn't and Justify somehow gets upset..it will pay quite handsomely. Gives me time to handicap, and sets my budget, for the other races over the next 2 days. 

If I'm sitting really flush come post time for the Belmont I could easily see myself adding double or triple that amount...it looks that good to me.  

I landed on Tenfold and Vino Rosso as As. I just can't see a Scat Daddy winning at a mile and a half in his 6th race in 3.5 months. Smells like Big Brown and California Chrome to me. 

Justify and Hofburg underneath. Will probably sprinkle in some Restoring Hope and Blended Citizen into the super. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I landed on Tenfold and Vino Rosso as As. I just can't see a Scat Daddy winning at a mile and a half in his 6th race in 3.5 months. Smells like Big Brown and California Chrome to me. 

Justify and Hofburg underneath. Will probably sprinkle in some Restoring Hope and Blended Citizen into the super. 

We landed on the same horses with just a different betting strategy. Looks as close to a no-brainer as races like this get.

Here's an interesting price horse in the 4th today. #9 Expected Ruler. Closer vs a lot of speed on the grass, cutting back.   10-1 ml, might go off higher.

Track Name: Belmont (BED)
Race: 4
Pool: WIN
Selections: 9
Wager Amount: $10.00
Wager Total:

$10

Track Name:Belmont (BED)

Race:4

Pool:TBX

Selections:3, 4, 5, 9

Wager Amount:$0.50

Wager Total:$12

Watching and playing Belmont today, trying to get a feel. Looking to get a price in the middle leg here.

Race: 6
Pool: P3
Selections: 8, 11/1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12/4, 8
Wager Amount: $1.00
Wager Total: $44

On 6/4/2018 at 2:10 PM, Adam said:

Saturday's draw is tomorrow, but I'll be surprised if I don't bet Awesome Slew in the Met. That horse is due!

Bee Jersey, and at a nice price too.  Ransom the Moon also wound up with a place on my P4.

Race: 8
Pool: P4
Selections: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8/8, 10/1, 3, 10/1, 4
Wager Amount: $0.50
Wager Total:

$48

Turf race (8) could go to anyone, so I went all and will pray for a price horse.

Met Mile Bee Jersey can win from on or off the pace...people will be all over Biscuits and Bolt. Ransom will be right there if Bee falters. I'll be playing that exacta ( 8-10 ) too.

2nd turfer...Robert Bruce is 7 for 7 and loves the rail. Should be the fav and should win. Hi happy and Beach Patrol are the logicals if  something strange happens and Robert Bruce doesn't win.

NICE AND DRY !!!! NO RAIN FORECAST!!!

OK...starting my day with the big sweeping turns and the fast conditions in mind...outside horses in a 7F.

Race: 7
Pool: EBX
Selections: 3, 11, 12
Wager Amount: $5.00
Wager Total:

$30

Jeezus  22.4/ 43.6??? wow.

6 (@ 13-1)-3-9-11