• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

Well, the top 2 horses did well today.  So much better than all the other horses.  It will be interesting to see where they end up the next race.  Big Cap perhaps on March 7th?  Although Chrome was alluding to maybe Dubai, which would be a shame.  In a fair race, I don't think any other horse can keep up with these two.  Yes, I'm looking at you left turn Bayern.

Hit the tri 10 times which put me in black

Missed the double tho

Had the exacta, tri and super.  Luckily I had a double for $5 that paid ok.  I just wish I hit the all button in race 6, and did a pick 3 with the singles in race 7 and 8.  Man, all things considering, that pick 3 payout was huge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great weekend of racing ahead. So bummed I'll be out of town.

GB, who are you liking on Saturday? 

My picks for Saturday's Stakes races

Race 7 - San Felipe - I think Dortmund will win another thriller. He's going to be 3-5 though at post time and he's going to duel and grind again. So hard to bet those types of horses. I like Prospect Park to battle him late. I don't think Dortmund has any chance at winning the Derby. OchoOchoOcho needs a race. Trainer is terrible of the layoff. Lord Nelson could run huge, but he seems like a Miler/Sprinter. 

Race 8 - China Doll - Haven't seen a ML for this race yet, but I really like 7-Spirit of Xian. I think anything 5-1 or better and this is a must bet. 

Race 9 - The San Carlos - 1-Chitu (2-1) should get the lead and control the pace, which should make all the difference this time. I think he's 50/50 to win, so a good bet if his odds stay. I think Conquest Two Step will take a lot of action too, maybe even be the favorite. 

Race 10 - Frank Kilroe - Mega Heat (8-1) is another I'd bet. Up in class, but a one-run closer. Class is less of a concern. 

Race 11 - Big Cap - Shared Belief (3-5) duh! 13-Hard Aces (12-1) for second. I'd play a big straight exacta. 

Pick 4 (Race 8-11)

2,4,5,6,7,11 / 1 / 2,7,8,9,10 / 5

TVG buys HRTV!

GB?

it'll be interesting to see how they do things.  Personally, I like the HRTV personallities better than the TVG party guys.  Matt Caruthers is probably the only one that I would want on the HRTV side, since he actually sounds educated about horse racing and not an announcer.  So that is the biggest thing that I am worried about.  

From what I understand, TVG will be showing the bigger tracks and HRTV showing the smaller tracks once it's all said and done.  Which is fine.  But again, if the personalities are more of a sideshow, then I'll probably just watch Xpressbet feeds, and not watch either station.

Great weekend of racing ahead. So bummed I'll be out of town.

GB, who are you liking on Saturday? 

My picks for Saturday's Stakes races

Race 7 - San Felipe - I think Dortmund will win another thriller. He's going to be 3-5 though at post time and he's going to duel and grind again. So hard to bet those types of horses. I like Prospect Park to battle him late. I don't think Dortmund has any chance at winning the Derby. OchoOchoOcho needs a race. Trainer is terrible of the layoff. Lord Nelson could run huge, but he seems like a Miler/Sprinter. 

Race 8 - China Doll - Haven't seen a ML for this race yet, but I really like 7-Spirit of Xian. I think anything 5-1 or better and this is a must bet. 

Race 9 - The San Carlos - 1-Chitu (2-1) should get the lead and control the pace, which should make all the difference this time. I think he's 50/50 to win, so a good bet if his odds stay. I think Conquest Two Step will take a lot of action too, maybe even be the favorite. 

Race 10 - Frank Kilroe - Mega Heat (8-1) is another I'd bet. Up in class, but a one-run closer. Class is less of a concern. 

Race 11 - Big Cap - Shared Belief (3-5) duh! 13-Hard Aces (12-1) for second. I'd play a big straight exacta. 

Pick 4 (Race 8-11)

2,4,5,6,7,11 / 1 / 2,7,8,9,10 / 5

I'm just glad Race 7 is not part of the late pick 4.  I haven't fully handicapped it yet.  But in Race 7 I do like Ocho.  Although the layoff does scare me, he's my Derby pick.  Although a trifecta of Dortmund, Ocho, and Nelson looks good.  Prospect Park and Pulmarak might be two longshots to look out for.

Race 8.  She's a big winner and Lutine Belle.  Curlin's Fox rings a bell.  

Race 9.  Chitu, Conquest two step, and Wild Dude.  

Race 10.  2 years ago, it would be Mr. Commons no question.  Now..Winning Prize is intriguing.  layoff, but last time he came off a layoff, he won here with Bendejo.  Brisnet says Summer Front should win 55%+.  

Race 11.  Yeah, next.  lol.  It's a single.  

I got watch all of the days stakes on my phone. Really liking my future bet on prospect park. Liked his race a lot. I think he can sit farther back than he did. Very game for 2nd. Carpe Dien, el Kabier and Dortmund all looked legit. Still more preps... If American Pharoah and Texas red come back and get in you're going to see those 5 horses take a lot of action - all between 5-1 & 10-1

I was in San Fran for a conference. My key horses scratched though so who knows how I would've done.

My future bet for the derby ran 2nd in his prep race which is great so I'm chugging along