• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fast food restaurant pet peeves

I am going to add one: when I ask for sugar for my iced tea, and they try to give me the pink stuff. The Mexicans are the worst at this. Probably 8 out of 10 times, a Mexican fast food worker will try to give you the pink stuff instead of sugar.

That's because they know you're a gringo asshole and they try to do everything they can to not give you what you want

went to el pollo loco once. used the drive thru one night and asked if they had root beer. the guy said yes, so i ordered for me and my dad. drove up, got our drinks, paid and drove off, only to find out it was raspberry iced tea. idiots.

they also stopped making their smoky black beans, so really have no reason to ever give them my business ever again.

My wife went through Mcdonalds drive thru the other day and got a happy meal for my youngest.   Asked for just a grilled cheese instead of a cheeseburger.

The asshats gave her a box with a slice of cheese.   

155j72e.png

Lol. Been there, done that, way too many times.

It amazes me that so many people have no clue what a grilled cheese sandwich is, or what it means to order a cheeseburger without the meat.

My wife went through Mcdonalds drive thru the other day and got a happy meal for my youngest.   Asked for just a grilled cheese instead of a cheeseburger.

The asshats gave her a box with a slice of cheese.   

155j72e.png

I have no words.  How much did they charge you for this piece of cheese?  The box is worth more than the cheese.

Edited by 1nutkruk

Not technically fast food, but an issue with takeout this weekend. I ordered food online from Chili's to bring home since some of the family didn't feel like going out. I arrived within two minutes of when my food was supposed to be ready. There was no one at the To Go counter. I rang the service bell. Nothing. Several other people were waiting in the area. One employee passed by, looked at me and walked away, no acknowledgement or anything. Finally, about 15 minutes after I arrived, someone came out to the register. My food had been ready the entire time, and it was sitting on the counter getting cold for the 15 minutes I had been waiting. By the time I got it home it was room temperature. Normally I have good luck with Chili's, but this wasn't one of those occasions.

My only pet peeve in the food industry is places that use jiggers at the bar....usually cheap chain places like Cheesecake Factory or Red Robin.

But I get it from a control management aspect... plus that's the income.

For the most part you expect to get what you get at these places. Ruth Chris, no to minimal issues....Applebees, expect the worst.

if they don't use jiggers, what's the downside? i think i'd appreciate the consistency, be it from a chain restaurant or my local pub.

It's not for taste as much as it's an inventory control. All the profits are in alcohol, so if a place doesn't use a jigger and over pours that company is literally throwing away money.

Personally, I like the taste of certain alcohols and the problem with jiggers is places don't compensate ratios. If you get a rocks glass full of ice, an ounce of vodka, and the rest as tonic or club soda the drinks are extremely bland. You figure a cocktail averages $10 and you just spent $10 for soda water.

Some places do doubles for a couple bucks extra or something discounted and then it's like getting a normal drink and as close as possible to a normal price.

That and people like to get drunk or drink as cheaply as possible.

So it's inventory control, but cheapens the drink.

It's not for taste as much as it's an inventory control. All the profits are in alcohol, so if a place doesn't use a jigger and over pours that company is literally throwing away money.

Personally, I like the taste of certain alcohols and the problem with jiggers is places don't compensate ratios. If you get a rocks glass full of ice, an ounce of vodka, and the rest as tonic or club soda the drinks are extremely bland. You figure a cocktail averages $10 and you just spent $10 for soda water.

Some places do doubles for a couple bucks extra or something discounted and then it's like getting a normal drink and as close as possible to a normal price.

That and people like to get drunk or drink as cheaply as possible.

So it's inventory control, but cheapens the drink.

Even when using a jigger, the pours can be inconsistent if the bartender is sloppy.

I don't mind places using the check ball pour spouts that click off after a shot is poured.

Good bar managers train and test their staff to pour singles, doubles, and quarter cups.

Jiggers shouldn't be necessary

• The awful occasion when you have to use the dumper (I-15 to Vegas) and the Del Taco toilet seat is not just covered in graffiti. That's not enough. It's when you see that assorted El Monte Doyyer fans have engraved whatever the f it is they engrave in vato font into the g'damn toilet seat. Who does this!? Who takes the time? Who wants to get that close? You have to get on your knees to do this. What instrument do they carry with them? Do they have a pocket exacto knife kits on hand? Just, WTF?!?
  • Same Del Taco: A-hole Euro or jap tourists who are more confused with the menu then Ghostface Killah is with a dentist appointment. Yes, please ask the zit-chick behind the counter what a tostada is. It totally translates in the french. Or jap.
  • When they jack up your order, you don't think to check your bag until you're at your car or table and you go back and the line is 20 deep and you feel the eyes of hell upon you because you need to beg for your 1/2 pound red pound burrito.
  • Back to the bathroom. When you just want to wash/dry your hands and get the F outta there, but old man river white man wants to shoot the feces with you. "Hot one, huh?" Hot? No. We're in Baker. Why would it be hot? The secret to life is no eye contact.

A+ post, would read again.

i've heard that the soda and ice machines are about the dirtiest pieces of equipment you can find. they rarely get cleaned.

When I worked at Chick-fil-A, we sanitized and cleaned everything, including the soda machines. It was a pain as an employee but comforting now as a customer.

When I worked at Chick-fil-A, we sanitized and cleaned everything, including the soda machines. It was a pain as an employee but comforting now as a customer.

Yeah, years back, when I worked at the school cafe, we cleaned the soda machine, ice cream machine, grill, pretty much everything on a nightly basis.  Back then it seemed like busy work.  Now I can see how it was a necessary function of day to day operations.  And how easy it is to get sick at places that don't do as much.

• 2 weeks later...

In N Out opened its 300th store today in Anaheim, CA. It will be a pretty busy location that is just off of the corner of St. College and Ball. Should get both Disney and Stadium traffic. Hit it up, it has a nice plaque in the dining room commemorating that we opened the store on one of our founders birthday.