• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fast food restaurant pet peeves

My son works at a major fast food chain as a field tech.  He basically fixes everything that can go wrong a restaurant.  He has told us some disgusting stories of the lack of cleanliness in some of the restaurants.  We won't eat there.. 

It's really gross.

I believe Stradling when he says In N Out hold things to a different standard.  We have a 5 Guys around here, and I noticed it was really clean, and they seemed to design the kitchen so everybody could see it, which is extremely smart.  

Before I joined the Marines, I worked fast food for 3 years at Wendy's, McDonald's, and Taco Time.  The sanitation was horrible.  The dishes/containers alone...just wow.  Imagine your teenage kid doing all of your dishes, and subtract the quality by 50% at least.  That's what all of your food is being cooked and held in before it goes in your mouth.  That's the tip of the iceberg.  The mop and mop bucket I used at every place to clean the floors was toxic.  lol.  

I worked at a McDonalds that was owned by an ex Navy Captain. Everything had to be spotless and the worst job was cleaning the top of the walk in refrigerator because all of the grill grease settled there. Every morning when the day crew came in it looked like a new restaurant. The problem is McDonalds are franchise run and few are manged like that one was.

I'd recommend not showing that you're annoyed ever, most especially if you're in drive thru. 

They don't get paid much, "supervisors" are almost always under the age of 21, and oftentimes high school dropouts themselves, and the workers on the grill/meat station have the most miserable jobs of anybody in the restaurant. They usually wear headsets to hear the drive thru orders, and if you're acting bitchy, they might (probably) just put something extra in your sandwich for you.  Tip of the iceberg. 

THIS!! (I've never done this before)

I never ever make fun or belittle fast food workers. Its hard frigging work.  And I seriously think it takes skill to work a headset, while at the same time preparing bags or ringing up.

And you know they HAVE to ask "Would you like to try the creamy ranch bacon burger?"  They couldn't give a rat's ass what you order.

Not for nothing, I went to the in n out on Bellflower and South last saturday afternoon to get a gift certificate - it may have been the busiest fast food restaurant I have ever seen.  It was shocking how successful in n out is.

There was an article in the WSJ this month how McDonalds is struggling with so many food items... they can't prepare them all in the allotted time.  And sales suck anyways.

In n Out has come up with such a simple, successful product.  My hats off to them.

I worked at a McDonalds that was owned by an ex Navy Captain. Everything had to be spotless and the worst job was cleaning the top of the walk in refrigerator because all of the grill grease settled there. Every morning when the day crew came in it looked like a new restaurant. The problem is McDonalds are franchise run and few are manged like that one was.

Like most things, the tone is set at the top. If you have a manager who is a stickler for such things, the place stays clean. If, however, the manager is only concerned about having enough people on duty for the lunch rush and how much cash goes in the till, it doesn't happen.

Not for nothing, I went to the in n out on Bellflower and South last saturday afternoon to get a gift certificate - it may have been the busiest fast food restaurant I have ever seen. It was shocking how successful in n out is.

There was an article in the WSJ this month how McDonalds is struggling with so many food items... they can't prepare them all in the allotted time. And sales suck anyways.

In n Out has come up with such a simple, successful product. My hats off to them.

That store was mine for two years 2012-2013, it is the cleanest store I've ever seen.

I have read a couple of stories about McDonald's potential plans to streamline the menu to cut down on wait times. Starbucks is considering the same thing. Choice is good, but too much of it complicates things for both customers and staff.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I am going to add one: when I ask for sugar for my iced tea, and they try to give me the pink stuff. The Mexicans are the worst at this. Probably 8 out of 10 times, a Mexican fast food worker will try to give you the pink stuff instead of sugar.

But then today it happened at In-N-Out. The kid thought he was being helpful when he offered me the choice of the pink stuff or the yellow stuff when I asked for sugar. When I said "thanks, but I'd like sugar, not that stuff," he was completely clueless. He had to go ask someone else who worked there whether they had something else.

I hear sonic advertisements all the time, yet I can honestly say I have no clue where the hell there is a sonic in Orange county.

There's a couple in Costa Mesa, and one in Fullerton. There's probably more, but I don't know of any others.

Sonic is decent for fast food. I go there every couple months or so.

I am going to add one: when I ask for sugar for my iced tea, and they try to give me the pink stuff. The Mexicans are the worst at this. Probably 8 out of 10 times, a Mexican fast food worker will try to give you the pink stuff instead of sugar.

But then today it happened at In-N-Out. The kid thought he was being helpful when he offered me the choice of the pink stuff or the yellow stuff when I asked for sugar. When I said "thanks, but I'd like sugar, not that stuff," he was completely clueless. He had to go ask someone else who worked there whether they had something else.

They're called "Sweet N low" and "Splenda".

Edited by TeemuTrout