• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fast food restaurant pet peeves

I got a pet peeve for you from the other side of the counter. All these "jokes" well we've heard them all before, and not just once. EVERY drunk guy late at night say these "funny" things. If you knew how many times I've heard a Double Double ordered Doggy Style, you would literally cry for me. I had a guy call customer service because he ordered it doggy style, he started laughing and I kept a straight face, so he thought I was rude. I should have repeated it back, "ok so you'd like a Double Double, F$&ked from behind a fry and a strawberry shake?"

I think the thing that bugs me most about fast food joints is the customers. The ones that are rude to the workers making minimum wage, the ones that act like the $5 meal is the most important thing they've ever done, the ones that have 10 people with them and every person has some stupid custom request like it's really that big of a deal, and that it's really going to make a difference. I found if you treat them nice, they treat me nice. They tend to be understaffed, they deal with shitty people all day, hard to blame them for expecting customers all to be the same after a while. If you ask nice, they tend to give me whatever I want.

When I go, I can figure out what I'm going to get, and how much I want to pay in about 30 seconds.

These people make it to the register, and then sit there and stare at the menu. Then they look back and forth at each other, talk to each other, ask each other and the cashier a dozen questions like they're ordering in a goddamn gourmet restaurant. Then they go to their freaking kids and ask them what they want after every question the cashier asks: "Are you sure that's what you want? Don't you want chocolate milk instead?" "Are there pickles in that, she won't eat those." ORDER YOUR KIDS EFFING FOOD LIKE A PARENT so a bunch of adults behind you in line don't have to wait for the little twits to take 30 seconds to make up their stupid minds. Kids don't know what the hell they want or what they're eating half the time anyway! Oh they're not happy with their cheeseburger and fries? Fine! Let them starve! Looks like could use a day or two of not eating anyway!

Of course I'm right behind them and I have to sit through the whole f***ing ordeal. It's almost like as soon as they know I'm behind them, waiting for them, waiting ON THEM, they decide to take as long as they want to order fast food. It's like they get a real kick out of wasting my valuable time. Like the longer they make me wait, the more their time has been better spent. "This guy behind us looks like his time is REAL valuable! Let's waste as much of it as we can on asinine bulls**t because we're in front of him and we're ordering food and there's nothing he can do about it!" Then they pay and it's a discussion of who's going to pay, what amount, and whether they're going to put it on their card.

It's not f***ing rocket science! It's the same thing when you go to a grocery store only for milk, and the fat lady doing her weekly shopping in a tutu with 150 items and 100 coupons sees you coming then races to get in front of you so you have to wait behind her. Honestly, HOW GODDAMN LONG DID YOU THINK MY ONE ITEM TRANSACTION WOULD TAKE? Sh*t makes me want to pull my hair out.

When I'm hungry and I want to eat, I want to eat. I don't order like it's my last waking meal. I'll take it with everything, I'll pull the sh*t off if I don't want it. I don't care if it costs another $1, I'll pay more to get what I want. Make up your f***ing minds and get the f*** out of my way so I can eat my food and move on with my life you annoying piece of sh*t customers!

Thank you.

I hate that most of these places won't give you ketchup unless you ask for it. ****ers won't even give you a hint that you might want ketchup. McDonalds tries to get you the F outta there before you even have a chance to think about asking for ketchup. Then when you do ask Esmerelda for ketchup, puta only throws 1 packet in your bag and of course the consistency in that ketchup is crap. Mostly vinegar. F'n whore

I can't even count how many times I have come home from McDonald's to hear a disappointed wife/son/daughter ask "did you get ketchup?"

I understand the desire to keep costs low and I agree they don't need to put ketchup in the bag as a matter of standard practice. But they should at least do what In-N-Out does: ask if you want ketchup before sending you on your way.

I don't have much to add to this thread other than after working in a place that values quality, customer service and cleanliness, whenever I go into another fast food restaurant it is depressing and satisfying all at the same time. When every one of your competitors sucks, it really is easy to figure out why we are so busy all the time.

As far as quality, consistency and customer service, Chic-Fil-A is every bit as good as INO. Do you ever go there?

Yea I've gone there quite a few times. They have excellent customer service. As far as quality goes, I'll take fresh over frozen. But if your in the mood for a spicy chicken sandwich or if you want a breakfast biscuit then yea they are great.

Edited by Stradling

My biggest pet peeves:

- the cheap ass places that don't have fresh brewed ice tea. This isn't a problem at most of the major chains, but oddly enough just about any Asian owned establishment will serve the crap out of the machine.

- not paying close enough attention to the order. A drop of mayo, mustard or ketchup will destroy whatever I order, and it is amazing how often the cooks don't read the order right.

- places that put a secret sauce (with a mayo base) in everything. Taco bell is the absolute worst at this. They even put that crap in their quesadillas.

- the assholes who drop dueces in single-person restrooms. And the crap stores that only have single-person restrooms. Starbucks is the worst in both regards.

- pouring my soda before I get to window. The second the soda comes out of the machine and goes into ice, it begins losing carbonation.

- teenage customers. Everything about them sucks. They are aweful people.

Edited by wopphil

My biggest pet peeves:

- pouring my soda before I get to window. The second the soda comes out of the machine and goes into ice, it begins losing carbonation.

Jesus.

Is this seriously a pet peeve? This is one of the biggest white whines I've seen here.

Talk about first world problems.

As far as quality, consistency and customer service, Chic-Fil-A is every bit as good as INO. Do you ever go there?

Used to, when I lived in the south. They can't be bothered to put a restaurant in evil Nevada. Same thing with Cracker Barrel.

Add another pet peeve: Went to Popeye's today to get one of their feature items, the Spicy Chicken Basket. Arrive at the restaurant to find a sign on the door saying that they are "sold out". How can you be sold out of an item that is nothing more than a combination of what you already make?

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Used to, when I lived in the south. They can't be bothered to put a restaurant in evil Nevada. Same thing with Cracker Barrel.

Add another pet peeve: Went to Popeye's today to get one of their feature items, the Spicy Chicken Basket. Arrive at the restaurant to find a sign on the door saying that they are "sold out". How can you be sold out of an item that is nothing more than a combination of what you already make?

But did they try to replace your brownie with corn and carrots?

I think the thing that bugs me most about fast food joints is the customers. The ones that are rude to the workers making minimum wage, the ones that act like the $5 meal is the most important thing they've ever done, the ones that have 10 people with them and every person has some stupid custom request like it's really that big of a deal, and that it's really going to make a difference. I found if you treat them nice, they treat me nice. They tend to be understaffed, they deal with shitty people all day, hard to blame them for expecting customers all to be the same after a while. If you ask nice, they tend to give me whatever I want.

When I go, I can figure out what I'm going to get, and how much I want to pay in about 30 seconds.

These people make it to the register, and then sit there and stare at the menu. Then they look back and forth at each other, talk to each other, ask each other and the cashier a dozen questions like they're ordering in a goddamn gourmet restaurant. Then they go to their freaking kids and ask them what they want after every question the cashier asks: "Are you sure that's what you want? Don't you want chocolate milk instead?" "Are there pickles in that, she won't eat those." ORDER YOUR KIDS EFFING FOOD LIKE A PARENT so a bunch of adults behind you in line don't have to wait for the little twits to take 30 seconds to make up their stupid minds. Kids don't know what the hell they want or what they're eating half the time anyway! Oh they're not happy with their cheeseburger and fries? Fine! Let them starve! Looks like could use a day or two of not eating anyway!

Of course I'm right behind them and I have to sit through the whole f***ing ordeal. It's almost like as soon as they know I'm behind them, waiting for them, waiting ON THEM, they decide to take as long as they want to order fast food. It's like they get a real kick out of wasting my valuable time. Like the longer they make me wait, the more their time has been better spent. "This guy behind us looks like his time is REAL valuable! Let's waste as much of it as we can on asinine bulls**t because we're in front of him and we're ordering food and there's nothing he can do about it!" Then they pay and it's a discussion of who's going to pay, what amount, and whether they're going to put it on their card.

It's not f***ing rocket science! It's the same thing when you go to a grocery store only for milk, and the fat lady doing her weekly shopping in a tutu with 150 items and 100 coupons sees you coming then races to get in front of you so you have to wait behind her. Honestly, HOW GODDAMN LONG DID YOU THINK MY ONE ITEM TRANSACTION WOULD TAKE? Sh*t makes me want to pull my hair out.

When I'm hungry and I want to eat, I want to eat. I don't order like it's my last waking meal. I'll take it with everything, I'll pull the sh*t off if I don't want it. I don't care if it costs another $1, I'll pay more to get what I want. Make up your f***ing minds and get the f*** out of my way so I can eat my food and move on with my life you annoying piece of sh*t customers!

Thank you.

You need some therapy, brah.

My biggest pet peeve: people who think their time is more important than everyone else's

Yeah, the main thing that keeps me away from fast food is the lack of cleanliness.  Nothing ever really gets cleaned, either behind the register or in front of it. 

This time of year especially, when I want to avoid illness so I can have a fun holiday season, you couldn't pay me to eat something made at a fast food joint.  Or go to a movie theater.  

The city I live in doesn't allow drive thru's, been that way for 25+ years so I rarely go to a fast food joint. But I did late one night after flying in to lax, went to taco bell and I appreciated their order screen that listed all my items. I was able to catch a couple mistakes before paying because I couldn't understand the dude taking my order.

Taco Bell is one of the best overall in terms of accuracy of order and friendliness of employees. The only thing I have had them do is fill a frozen drink first when I ordered inside. Have also had very good luck at Sonic. In N Out service is good as well.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Taco Bell is one of the best overall in terms of accuracy of order and friendliness of employees. The only thing I have had them do is fill a frozen drink first when I ordered inside. Have also had very good luck at Sonic. In N Out service is good as well.

I hear sonic advertisements all the time, yet I can honestly say I have no clue where the hell there is a sonic in Orange county.

Yeah, the main thing that keeps me away from fast food is the lack of cleanliness.  Nothing ever really gets cleaned, either behind the register or in front of it. 

This time of year especially, when I want to avoid illness so I can have a fun holiday season, you couldn't pay me to eat something made at a fast food joint.  Or go to a movie theater.  

My son works at a major fast food chain as a field tech.  He basically fixes everything that can go wrong a restaurant.  He has told us some disgusting stories of the lack of cleanliness in some of the restaurants.  We won't eat there.. 

I saw this video once of the microscopic bugs that live on your skin. Fast food doesn't scare me.

Actually, I think the reason more video of the microscopic bugs (were talking millions/billions - something large like that) isn't available is it would freak too many people out. Those bugs are some nasty looking bastards.

My son works at a major fast food chain as a field tech.  He basically fixes everything that can go wrong a restaurant.  He has told us some disgusting stories of the lack of cleanliness in some of the restaurants.  We won't eat there.. 

i've heard that the soda and ice machines are about the dirtiest pieces of equipment you can find. they rarely get cleaned.