• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gas Prices

NJHalo

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

My car has a 3-cylinder engine, so anything above regular would cause it to get drunk.

They still make 3-cylinder engines? My first car was Daihatsu Charade, which was 3 cylinder. I would have to drop it into 2nd on slightly steep hills. 

6 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

I would be damn careful with using lower octane fuel than is recommended. Although newer computer controlled ignition systems should be able to handle running lean, really bad things could happen to your pistons. Especially if you are driving a car without all of the sensors.

IMG_2073.jpegIMG_2077.jpeg

That was running 89 octane is a engine built for 91+ that didn't have computer sensors to constantly make adjustments for the spark. Not worth the .40 cents per gallon savings.

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I would be damn careful with using lower octane fuel than is recommended. Although newer computer controlled ignition systems should be able to handle running lean, really bad things could happen to your pistons. Especially if you are driving a car without all of the sensors.

That was running 89 octane is a engine built for 91+ that didn't have computer sensors to constantly make adjustments for the spark. Not worth the .40 cents per gallon savings.

The article isn't about running lower than recommended. 

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

My car has a 3-cylinder engine, so anything above regular would cause it to get drunk run like a Spitfire.

Fixed

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

IMG_2073.jpegIMG_2077.jpeg

Case in point.

On 3/26/2020 at 8:28 AM, Taylor said:

My rule of thumb: if your car requires anything more than regular, your car is too expensive. 

I once had two cars that both required premium unleaded. It was a pain.

Saw a station earlier today with regular unleaded at $2.55.9, when we have been running close to $3 per gallon.

Paid $3.05 yesterday at a 76 for 91. Even though I drive a non-baller GTI it's considered too expensive for Taylor.

I can only imagine what it would have been at Costco, but it was 1pm and unless you get there in the morning it's a shit show.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Paid $3.05 yesterday at a 76 for 91. Even though I drive a non-baller GTI it's considered too expensive for Taylor.

I can only imagine what it would have been at Costco, but it was 1pm and unless you get there in the morning it's a shit show.

My brother has the same car, and yes it requires 91. He said the other day Costco ran out of 91, so he used a lower grade, and he could tell the difference..