• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gas Prices

NJHalo

They said on KCAL last night, which I was surprised to see any mention of this on local or mainstream news, that our gas prices should be much much lower than it is right now.

They basically said if the price of our gasoline was adjusted to match the actual drop in oil prices to its current level, gas should cost us about $2.13/gallon for regular right now.  They went on to say while our exports have significantly increased, our oil companies are being accused of keeping our own supply/reserves artificially low to inflate local prices.  In other words, we're flooding the market like the Saudis to drive down oil prices abroad (cold war style) while keeping our prices at home inflated so as not to negatively effect the economy.  Oil price manipulation at its finest.

Just came back from filling up at a nearby 76 station. $3.89 cash price. I consider that a bargain.

The guy in front of me at the counter was buying 8 cartons of Marlboro's at $57/carton. Must be nice to have money to blow on extras like that. And why would you buy mass quantities of cigarettes at a gas station, where they cost the most?

We will see, the Touareg has 100k power train and 70k Adblue warranty. Haven't had any problems yet. This is my second cross country trip with it, pulled the trailer to illionis and back last summer.

And the Touareg and Golf are vastly different vehicles.

How do you have time to do that? I am looking forward to taking a two-day vacation this year. In November.

Everything in Anaheim is well over $4 a gallon in Anaheim, except for ARCO. Both ARCOs I passed today were in the $3.60 range

I drove by an ARCO in Artesia while on an errand. It was $3.45. Ten minutes later, on the way back to the freeway, it was $3.65. The Mobil across the street was $4.59. I ended up topping off in Long Beach for $3.59.

With the new gas tax from the cap-and-trade scheme that went into effect in January, we could see another dollar or two added to the price eventually. Six or seven dollars a gallon will be devastating for working people in California.

Gas went up five cents per gallon in the past two days. I filled one vehicle on Thursday and the other one this evening.

Speaking of diesels - I had one years ago, Peugeot 505S turbodiesel. It was strange filling up amongst the 18 wheelers whenever I went on a trip. Most comfortable seats of any car I have ever owned,

Cheapest I could find today was $3.09.

As far as diesels go, those horrible engines that GM put out in the 80s set them back 40 years in this country. The only thing I had go wrong with my Peugeot was a couple of glow plugs going bad, which I replaced myself in about ten minutes. One diesel mechanic, who told me how to check the glow plugs, said, "Diesels don't run badly. They either run or they don't."

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Cheapest I could find yesterday was an ARCO in west LB at $3.79 for regular. Most stations are in the $4.29-$4.59 range.

Two questions: Why is that refinery in Torrance still not operating, five months after the explosion; and why is gasoline no longer being delivered from out-of-state to southern California?

There's a glut of crude oil and its price has been plunging, and gasoline supplies outside California are plentiful, but our supplies are dwindling down to zero and nothing is being done about it. This is not right.