• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gas Prices

NJHalo

While our gas prices have been rising, the price of oil has been dropping.  It dropped to $50.98 per barrel after the announcement of the Iran deal, but finished the day at $53.04 a barrel.  http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/14/investing/crude-oil-prices-iran-deal/

How is it we're paying the same price for gas as when it was at $100.00+ per barrel??  If gas went back to $110.00 per barrel, we'd paying about $9.00 per gallon right now.  Of course the fix is in!  There's no way to justify these prices.  It makes zero sense.  Like KCAL said the other day, our oil companies are being accused of keeping our supply intentionally low to inflate the price of gas.  That's the only logical answer considering they also said our exports have increased over the same time.

More expensive summer fuel blends mandated by law, to control emissions.

Refinery fire in February in Torrance, and refinery still not operating five months later.

New California gas tax imposed after cap-and-trade scheme became law in January. It's supposed to fight global warming, doncha know.

The amount of the tax is not revealed, but estimates range from 50 cents to a couple of dollars eventually. Thank you, California Air Resources Board!

And finally, for some reason there will be no more deliveries of gasoline from out of state. Why that's the case, I have no idea. With refineries down for "planned maintenance" and one refinery out of action, gasoline supplies in southern California are suddenly very scarce.

Why does it take SIX months to do refinery repairs?

It is $2.58 here in Arizona

Went to San Diego last week. $4.01-$4.09

On the way back Fontana $4.19

Topped off at Indio off ramp on the 10 fwy $4.69

Needles off ramp at J street $4.99. This is for people who forget to gas up crossing the desert.

The gas you saw was only 45 cents a gallon and it was still more expensive then the station across the street?

You were driving your Delorean, I assume?

That isn't what I posted.

Public school.

However, I was driving my Delorean.

"Back to the 13 million gallon Nord Imagination moored at ConocoPhillips soon to sail to Chile. "What we're seeing is fuel being dumped out of a market that needs it and prices staying artificially high." says Court.

The oil industry says nothing illegal is going. This is how, it says, a fuel market operates."

more gouging.

Zero competition means zero incentive to lube up. I'd suggest a boycott but I know how much some members of this board despise organized resistance to corporate domination.

I won't boycott.  But pure electric vehicles that weren't on my radar before, are now on my radar.  

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2013/03/electric-cars-101/index.htm

there are consumer groups that are putting this up front with the media. i'm glad to see some kind of organized groups speaking out and demanding better.

it probably wouldn't hurt if we all contacted our reps in sacramento, either.