• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gas Prices

NJHalo

$3.65 at Chevron in Lakewood, up about 30 cents from a few days ago.

I'm thinking the new California gas tax is kicking in. Lovely.

Its crazy. The last four times (over two days) I have driven by the gas station near my house, the price has gone up. But thankfully California is setting the standard for green house gas reduction. Yay.

Just had the oil changed and needed to fill up on the way home. The first place I saw (Chevron) was $3.24 per gallon, a Shell station a block away was the same price. Decided to keep going, four blocks further away (and farther from US 95) Arco am/pm $2.83. Forty cents per gallon is quite a price difference. The only thing I can figure out is that the other two places are fleecing people getting off the highway between Vegas and Reno.

I filled up on Tuesday night for about $0.30 more a gallon than when I filled up 2 weeks before and on the way work this AM prices were up another $0.35 a gallon.  Crazy that the price per barrel is still less than half of what it was a few years ago and we're now paying the same per gallon.  Naturally on the news they said a few refineries were shut down for maintenance which is why prices are up.   

Oh, for sure. If you're talking Bixby Knolls at least. Don't think it gets like that in Wrigley or California Heights. Much cooler there.

Cal Heights is still hot. Wrigley, yes it's cooler there in general. Where it's really nice is Belmont Shore. That's a great place to live if you can endure the extreme lack of parking. If you're renting a place you'd better have a garage or a reserved space.

Oil is now back up to $60/barrel. My question is, why are gas prices the same now as when oil was $94/barrel? Gas was $4/gallon then, and that's what it is now at many stations. At the very least it's about $3.69.

Oil went down 50% and gas followed at about the same rate, down to around $2.30/gallon. Then oil went up 33% ($45 to the current $60) but gasoline jumped about 75%.

Those numbers don't make any sense. I would really like to know what the exact figure is on the new California cap-and-trade gas tax, which went into effect on January 1st. I've seen estimates that it could add up to $1.50 per gallon to our gas prices. There has been almost no coverage of this in the media.

If oil goes back up to $100, will we be seeing $6 a gallon for gas here in California? That would be devastating to the middle class.

Edited by fan_since79