• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gas Prices

NJHalo

Gas is now over $4 at many stations in metro L.A./Orange County.

L.A. Times is blaming "refinery issues". I think that's another way of spelling "gouge".

Gas is the same price as it was when oil was $100/barrel. Oil is $59 right now. Something's not right here.

Edited by fan_since79

Paid $2.65 yesterday

How could gas cost so much more here when the refineries are so close? I would think it costs more to transport gasoline to Arizona.

I'm wondering how much of this added cost is due to the new California gas tax. It's been estimated that it could add as much as $1.50 to the price of a gallon. There's hardly anything in the media about it, and there's no way to find the actual amount of tax.

If gas goes to $5 people are going to start hurting.

completely agree, fan.

there's no logic to our prices being so much higher (outside of taxes) when transportation is not an issue. when we have "refinery issues" here, how come it affects the price so much? why does the price of ARCO go up when there's a problem at the 76 or Mobil refinery?

i filled up last friday in temple city for 3.99 per. my friend in washington state filled up on thursday for 2.45. 

we're getting screwed, and no one is raising a fuss or doing anything about it.

you also had 947" of snow this year.

Actually, it was a mild winter. Only 42 inches of snow. This was by far the mildest winter I have experienced here. I look forward to crippling snow storms next winter with average high temps in the negative teens.

Interesting story on John and Ken Show today on 640 KFI. The new California gasoline tax has already added at least 60 cents a gallon and may eventually cause the price of gas in the state to go to $13/gallon. There's been almost nothing in the media about this. Californians are paying at least a dollar/gallon more than people in other states right now. The global warming crowd and Governor Brown want us to give up our cars so they're going to tax us to death.

http://www.kfiam640.com/onair/john-and-ken-37487/is-california-heading-for-13-a-13634250/

• 1 month later...

Good news. Oil crashed today, closed down 8%. It's been dropping for a couple weeks now.

It was down 10% for a while. Let's see how long it takes for those pump prices to drop.

that ought to be cause for our prices to go up another ten cents a gallon.

Uh oh...heard a discussion on KNX Business Hour this afternoon to the effect that gas prices will be spiking in California in a big way in the next few days. It seems that there's a sudden, unexpected supply crunch.

Oil prices are plunging with a huge surplus of crude, yet there's a sudden lack of gasoline supply. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Prices are starting to skyrocket. Chevron on Lakewood Blvd by the Long Beach Airport, $4.49 for regular unleaded. It was around $3.89 yesterday.

$4.29 at several 76 stations in the area this morning. Arco is still holding the line at $3.29, but who knows how long that will last. I'm heading out now to fill up.

Gasoline supplies are supposedly plunging in California. I would like to know why. I would also like to know why the refinery where the explosion happened in February is still not producing any gasoline. Five months later, and no word on when it will be back up and running.

Edited by fan_since79