• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Playoff Pujols

xboom28x

This is it. This is what we have been waiting for since that early morning when Twitter broke and Angels fans went in a frenzy. Many weren't as concerned as to how the Angels were going to get there. Just what he would do once the Angels got there. He can erase from our memories the first two years of the contract fairly quickly. Or, he can compound the issue by not showing up causing a quick playoff exit.

So... what do you think he will do this post-season? I am optimistic. I don't see him matching past playoff performances, but I do think he has a solid post season with two or three huge ABs that help win games.

Nothing means much when the playoffs start. Derek Jeter became superman, Willy Mays became Jeff Mathis and David Freese won the World Series MVP. That's the fun of it, stats go in the trash but to completely ignore past success is also burying your head in the sand.

Pujols is no shrinking violet in the post season .330 .439 .607 1.046

Edited by Eric Notti

Nothing means much when the playoffs start. Derek Jeter became superman, Willy Mays became Jeff Mathis and David Freese won the World Series MVP. That's the fun of it, stats go in the trash but to completely ignore past success is also burying your head in the sand.

Pujols is no shrinking violet in the post season .330 .439 .607 1.046

that's right around his career stats...that was also in a different league, and lets face it he's a different player now.

I'll be satisfied with an .800ish ops from him, I'm not expecting the old pujols to magically appear because its october

Albert has the mindset/confidence that is built for high pressure situations. I don't think you can say his career postseason stats are meaningless just because it's been a few years. Anyone can have a bad series/game, like Lester last night, so nothing is guaranteed- but I'm with mrwicked. Trout is the one here who is the unknown. I'm excited to see what Kole does too... we've seen him carry the offense on his back before!

Pujols career stats against the Royals or anyone else are meaningless.  I cringe everytime Goober quotes his career stats against a pitcher or whatever.  Not nearly the same guy that accumulated those stats.  He hit a pedestrian .250 in his last 30 and, worse, seemed back to the pull everything mode.

Success will be avoiding GIDPs, knocking in a few runs and delivering when they walk Trout with RISP.