• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeterfest Officailly Over

Glen

The media is to blame. As a baseball fan and someone who enjoys history I can appreciate the moment. I am sure any baseball fan can appreciate it. The state of modern media is what is to hate.

I agree completely. I'm 30 years old, so Jeter's been playing pretty much the entire time I've been watching this game.

BUT, with that said, I'm over all this spectacle. I want to watch quickpitch and see highlights, not a Jeterfest reel for the millionth time

Like I said on the last page. This last game should have been enough of a "salute". But all freakin season they (the major broadcasters) have shoved this season's billing as Jeter's last season down our throats. And they haven't been able to shut up about him for at least 15 years. Every national broadcast especially by Joe Buck, they'd bring up Jeter, even when the Yankees aren't playing.

This one day should've been enough. I'll shut up about him today. But I won't apologize for whining all season.

There was Baseball before Jeter, and there will be Baseball after Jeter.

But it won't be the same. A certain sadness will descend upon major league ballparks throughout the land. An indefinable melancholy will take hold of fans everywhere as they ponder what once was, and will never be again. Folks will tell their grandchildren tales of this golden era when Jeter was part of the game. His famous flip to home plate from out of nowhere, his clutch postseason hits, his winning personality, his many beautiful girlfriends. Boys will pick up bats and gloves on sandlots and dream of Jeter. His name will be enshrined forever in the nation's consciousness, and never depart from the collective memory of our people.

Jeter. Derek Jeter. Nothing more needs to be said...

Sportscenter will not improve after this weekend, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that.

...or the weekend after that.

what about the weekend after that?

When Pujols retires, if he does announce it will be his final season, we will probably see the same thing for him. And if we are lucky to keep Trout for the entirety of his career, his farewell tour will be the same.

No. Albert Pujols is not a lifetime Angel or a lifetime AL player. He would've been better off staying with the Cardinals to get that type of recognition.

No. Albert Pujols is not a lifetime Angel or a lifetime AL player. He would've been better off staying with the Cardinals to get that type of recognition.

He's is still a legend and the best player of our generation. You are crazy if you think clubs won't show him respect and he won't get some sort of farewell tour.

There was Baseball before Jeter, and there will be Baseball after Jeter.

But it won't be the same. A certain sadness will descend upon major league ballparks throughout the land. An indefinable melancholy will take hold of fans everywhere as they ponder what once was, and will never be again. Folks will tell their grandchildren tales of this golden era when Jeter was part of the game. His famous flip to home plate from out of nowhere, his clutch postseason hits, his winning personality, his many beautiful girlfriends. Boys will pick up bats and gloves on sandlots and dream of Jeter. His name will be enshrined forever in the nation's consciousness, and never depart from the collective memory of our people.

Jeter. Derek Jeter. Nothing more needs to be said...

you forgot to mention the fancy gift baskets with the signed baseballs.