• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeterfest Officailly Over

Glen

So, I got into bed after a long and busy day yesterday.  Decided to check out Quick Pitch to catch the Angels highlights.  Unfortunately, that wasn't to be - I caught the beginning of Jeterfest.  Wow.  After 10 minutes I finally gave up.

54704899.jpg

The city of New York is in mourning today as rain approaches.

Some local headlines:

Rainout fears over Derek Jeter's final game at Yankee Stadium drive down ticket prices

Rain may wreak havoc on Derek Jeter's final home game

MLB hoping it doesn't rain in Derek Jeter parade

And Selig is worried:

“I am surprised because to the west and the south we are having dry weather. I am told the weather forecast isn’t going to be all that bad, but I am worried about it and I will continue to worry about it.

One thing I found somewhat amazing in all the Jeter news. He has never played a home game that the Yankees were mathematically out of playoff contention. That is a pretty incredible stat. If the game was rained out, and not made up, can you imagine how annoying that would be as part of his legend. God rained the game out so Jeter never had to a home game that "didn't matter".

And Selig is worried:

“I am surprised because to the west and the south we are having dry weather. I am told the weather forecast isn’t going to be all that bad, but I am worried about it and I will continue to worry about it."

Why is the commissioner commenting on the weather for a regular season game?

i'm choosing not to watch any sportscenter episodes this weekend.

Sportscenter will not improve after this weekend, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that, or the weekend after that.

...or the weekend after that.

Alan Jackson is gonna update his song, a la Elton John and "Candle in the Wind" for Princess Diana, and call it "Where Were You (When Jeter Stopped Playing)?"

Paul Simon is considering changing his famous lyric to "Where have you gone, Derek Jeter.   A nation turns its' lonely eyes to your statues." 

Edited by Angel Oracle